|Application Open for B Tech at UPES University||Apply Now|
The dates for the counselling of IPUCET 2018 has been announced by the official authority. To get the details, read below.
The counselling and seat allotment procedure for admission into undergraduate B Tech programme generally takes place soon after the publication of merit list. Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the IPU CET 2018, the official authority prepares and releases the merit list. Merit list contains the names of the candidates who are eligible for counselling and seat allotment. The counselling for B-Tech programme will be done in multiple rounds.
The counselling for admission to undergraduate B Tech programme in Guru Gobind Singh university & its affiliated Institute/ Colleges will take place through both online and offline mode.
Online mode of Counselling:
- Payment of counselling fee
- Registration for counselling
- Seat allotment
- Withdrawal of seat alloted and fee refund.
Offline mode of counselling and seat allotment:
- Payment of counselling fee
- Document verification at the allotted centre
- Reporting at the allotted Institute/College
- Spot round of counselling
NOTE: Candidates can pay the counselling fee of Rs. 1000/- both in online (net banking, credit/debit card) and offline (Challan) mode. To know more about the offline and online mode procedure, students are advised to read the full article.
Important update of IPU CET 2018
GGSIPU, the official examination authority, has released the counselling dates for IPUCET 2018. The information regarding the same has been provided in the table below. To Apply for IPU CET 2018 Exam, fill up the IPUCET Application Form 2018 Now.
- 1 IPU CET 2018 online counselling
- 2 IPU CET Counselling Procedure 2018
- 2.1 Step 1: Registration for IPU CET 2018 Counselling
- 2.2 Step 2: Verification of Documents
- 2.3 Step 3: Choice Filling of Institute/ Colleges
- 2.4 Step 4: Seat Allotment
- 2.5 Step 5: Counselling Fee Submission
- 2.6 Step 6: Reporting at the Allotted Institute
- 2.7 Step 7: Withdrawal of Seat Allotted and Fee Refund
IPU CET 2018 online counselling
GGSIPU will conduct the IPU CET 2018 in both online and offline mode. Candidates are advised to very careful about the offline and online mode of process for counselling.The dates of counselling provided in the table below are liable to change. Dates of multiple rounds of online counselling schedule of IPU CET 2018 for admission to B Tech (code: 131) programme are provided below:-
|Activity||Starting Date||Closing Date|
|1.||Registration for Counselling||8th June 2018||15th June 2018|
|2.||Verification of Reserved Category Certificates at Designated Centres||9th June 2018||16th June 2018|
|First Counselling: Round 1 (online)|
|3.||Choice filling and locking of college||8th June 2018||16th June 2018|
|4.||Seat Allotment||16th June 2018||21st June 2018|
|5.||Fees Payment||22nd June 2018||25th June 2018|
|6.||Freezing of allotment||22nd June 2018||26th June 2018|
|7.||Withdrawal of Admission||22nd June 2018||26th June 2018|
|Second Counselling: Round 2 (online)|
|8.||Choice change after payment of fees of first round||22nd June 2018||26th June 2018|
|9.||Seat Allotment||27th June 2018||1st July 2018|
|10.||Fees Payment||2nd July 2018||5th July 2018|
|11.||Freezing of allotment||2nd July 2018||6th July 2018|
|12.||Withdrawal of Admission||2nd July 2018||6th July 2018|
|Third Counselling: Round3 (online)|
|13.||Choice change after payment of fees of second round||2nd July 2018||6th July 2018|
|14.||Seat Allotment (of reserved category with inter conversions, if any)||7th July 2018||12th July 2018|
|15.||Seat Allotment (of open/general category with conversions, if any)|
|16.||Fees Payment||13th July 2018||16th July 2018|
|17.||Sliding Round||17th July 2018||20th July 2018|
|18.||Printing of “Provisional Seat Allotment Letter”||21st July 2018||23rd July 2018|
|19.||Reporting to Alloted Institutions for joining, verification of documents and payment of balance fee (if any)||21st July 2018||23rd July 2018|
|20.||Display of Open House Counselling Schedule, if required||22nd July 2018||23rd July 2018|
|21.||Open House Counselling / Spot Counselling||24th July 2018||31st July 2018|
NOTE: The venue for offline mode of counselling will be provided here once the information related to the same gets published by the official authority.
IPU CET Counselling Procedure 2018
Candidates whose names are in the merit list are eligible for counselling and admission to participating colleges affiliated to GGSIPU. Shortlisted candidates are advised to follow the below steps for the counselling process. The candidate has to be very careful and active during the whole counselling & admission process. Counselling process of IPU CET 2018 follows a definite number of steps and they are as follows:-
Step 1: Registration for IPU CET 2018 Counselling
The first and foremost is to participate in the counselling is to get registered. The shortlisted candidates can register themselves to get enrolled for a particular programme.
- To register, the candidate will have to enter the IPU CET details like roll number, name, date of birth, result status and captcha is shown on the screen.
- After the authentication, the candidate will have to submit the academic, personal and contact details.
- When candidate successfully gets registered, he/she will be issued a login ID and password.
- Candidate can edit the registration details in the registration form by choosing the “Edit details”option from the menu within the prescribed registration period.
Note: Candidates are advised to take two print out of the registration form as he/she will be required to submit one at the time of document verification and other to be retained by the candidate for future reference.
Step 2: Verification of Documents
After registration, candidates will have to report to the designated centers for document verification. Mentioned below are the documents to be carried.
- IPU CET 2018 admit card
- IPU CET 2018 result
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheet and certificate
- Admission verification form
- Category certificate duly attested (if applicable)
- IPU CET 2018 registration slip
- Candidates must attest their xerox copies from a gazetted officer or it can also be self-attested. If any candidate fails to provide the mandatory document then their candidature will be terminated.
- Character certificate duly attested by the head of the institution last studied in.
- All the candidates belonging to reserved category are advised to take mark sheets and original certificates from 10th standard onwards for verification.
Note: All certificates must be accompanied by a set of copies attested by a gazetted officer or self-attested.
Step 3: Choice Filling of Institute/ Colleges
This is one of many important stages of counselling procedure. In this step, the candidate will have to fill the course and institution choice according to their order of preference on the basis of which he/she will be allotted seat.
- To fill choice, the candidate will have to log in by using their login ID & password obtained during the registration for counselling.
- The candidate is required to fill their choices according to their course and college preferences. It is advisable that a candidate should fill the maximum number of options to ensure that he/she is allotted the seat of his/her choice.
- After filling the choices, the candidate is suggested to take two printouts of their choices.
Step 4: Seat Allotment
IPU CET seat allotment 2018 will be done on the basis of the merit, choices filled by the candidates and seat availability. Candidates can check their IPU CET 2018 seat allotment by logging in to the official website obtained during the registration. It is a must for a candidate, who will be allotted seat, to print and download provisional allotment letter.
Freezing of Allotted Seat -In cases where candidate opts for freeze option, it denotes that he/she is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her and doesn’t want to participate in the subsequent rounds.
Step 5: Counselling Fee Submission
To participate in counselling of IPU CET 2018, candidates will have to pay Rs.1000 (excluding bank charges) which is non-refundable.
- For depositing the IPU CET counselling fee, registered candidates need to log in to the official website www.ipu.ac.in by using their credentials and select the option for ‘payment of counselling fee’.
- Enter the details like roll number, date of birth and mobile number and click on the ‘submit’ button.
- After the submission of details, candidates will get the two payment option- online or offline. Choose the payment option.
- If offline mode is chosen, a challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank. In case of online payment mode, a candidate can make payment through net banking, debit or credit cards.
Note: Candidates are suggested to keep a confirmation receipt of IPU CET counselling fee with the transaction details after successful fee payment for future reference in case of both online and offline mode. Moreover, if a candidate faces any issue in fee payment or the confirmation receipt doesn’t appear, then it is advised that student must contact the help desk of the University.
Step 6: Reporting at the Allotted Institute
To confirm the seat, candidates will have to pay a part academic fee which would mean that they have accepted the seat allotted to them. The candidate has to pay an admission fee of Rs. 40000 at the allocated institute. The print out of admission fee receipt must be taken after the payment.
Step 7: Withdrawal of Seat Allotted and Fee Refund
After depositing the academic fee, if the candidate wants to withdraw the allotted seat, he/she can opt for withdrawal option. Withdrawal option must be requested online by the candidate for withdrawal of admission within provided dates, as after first counselling, second counselling and as a procedure for withdrawal notified in the counselling schedules. In that case, an amount of 1000 will be deducted and remaining amount will be refunded. After this, the candidate will only be considered for spot round.
Spot IPU CET Counselling (If required) -If vacant seats are still left, then admission authority will conduct the spot counselling in offline mode.
Note: Seat allotment is separate for Delhi candidates, outside Delhi and all India candidates
So, Candidates who have qualified the IPU CET 2018 exam must read this article to know about the procedure for counselling and seat allotment for admission to undergraduate B Tech programme.