Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) provides education in the field of science and research. The institute will conduct IISER Exam for 5-year dual degree course known as BS-MS program. Admission for IISER 2019 will be granted via three channels and they are KVPY, SCB, and JEE. The authority will conduct an IISER Aptitude Test 2019 (IAT 2019) for applicants opting for SCB channel whereas direct admission will be offered to eligible candidates who are opting for the other two channels. Applicants can apply through any of the three channels but they must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the channel they are applying. There are seven participating Institutes of IISER 2019
Subscribe For Latest Updates
IISER Exam 2019
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) – Candidates opting for this channel are eligible for direct admission through valid JEE Advanced 2019 score.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) – Based on a valid KVPY fellowship an applicant will be offered admission in the institute.
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) – Aspirants need to appear in an Aptitude test for this channel. the details regarding the aptitude test are mentioned below in the article.
Overview of IISER 2019
A quick overview is depicted below in the table for IISER 2019. Applicants can go through this to have knowledge about the same.
|Name||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Admission 2019|
|Commonly Known as||IISER 2019|
|Conducting Institute||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research|
|Channels of Admission||IISER 2019 Admission is conducted via 3 channels: KVPY, JEE, and SCB.|
IISER Aptitude Test 2019 will be conducted for candidates opting for SCB channel. While direct admission will be offered to eligible candidates opting for the other two channels.
|Purpose||To provide admission in 5-year degree course known as BS-MS program at one of the seven participating institutes|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||Application fee of Rs. 2000 for General Category applicants|
Application fee of Rs. 1000 for SC/ST/Kashmiri Migrants/Physically Handicapped candidates
The application fee will be non-refundable
|Number of Seats Reserved||50% of seats will be allotted to KVPY and JEE candidates while remaining seats will be allotted to SCB candidates.|
|Combined total number of seats||1285 (Approximately)|
IISER 2019 Dates
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) will announce tentative dates for the occurrence of any particular event related to IISER. The important dates for all the three channels differ and are tabulated below:
|Opening of the Application portal||26th May 2019 (9:00 AM)|
|Final date to submit the Application form||20th June 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Allotment of seats||Third week of June 2019|
|Starting date for submission of SAF||Third week of June 2019|
|Final date for submission of SAF||Fourth week of June 2019|
|Opening of Application portal||15th June 2019 (9:00 AM)|
|Last date to submit the Application form||20th June 2019 (5:00 PM)|
|Allotment of seats||Fourth week of June 2019|
|Starting date for submission of SAF||Last week of June 2019|
|Last Date for submission of SAF||First week of July 2019|
|Opening of Application Portal||31st March 2019|
|Final date to submit Application forms||6th May 2019|
|Issuing of Admit Card for IISER Aptitude Test 2019||28th May 2019|
|IISER Aptitude Test 2019||26th June 2019|
|Announcement of Result||First week of July 2019|
IISER Eligibility Criteria
The admission authority has set different eligibility criteria for each of the three channels of IISER 2019. Applicants must check and meet the eligibility criteria for whichever channel they are applying for. IISER Eligibility Criteria 2019 are given below for all the three channels:
For Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) Channel
- Applicants must have a valid KVPY fellowship for academic session 2019-2020. In addition, cut-off criteria may be applicable.
For Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) Channel
- Applicants belonging to General category must obtain a rank within 10000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2018 to be eligible for admission. Candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBCNC, SC, ST, PD) must secure a rank within 10000.
For State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) Channel
- Applicants must have passed class 12th or intermediate examination with science stream in 2018 or 2019.
- Candidates must have a score equal or above the cut-off in their respective boards.
- The cut-off percentage for SC/ST and Kashmiri Migrants is set as 55% in 12th standard for all boards.
- There is 5% relaxation for the OBC-NC and PwD category in the qualifying examination
- Applicants of Indian nationality, POI and OCI are eligible for IISER 2019.
IISER Application Form 2019
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research will release the online application form for the different channels separately. Hence, a separate application form needs to be filled for each channel along with the payment of application fee. Candidates need to register through their valid email ids and enter the required details. After registration, an applicant can log in and proceed to fill the IISER Application Form 2019. Applicants opting for SCB need to fill the marks secured by them in the Aptitude test and they also need to upload documents. These documents must be in the specifications notified by the authority.
IISER Application Fee 2019
Aspirants need to pay an application fee which differs for different categories. Given below is the table displaying an amount that needs to be paid:
|S.No||Category||Amount In INR|
|2||SC/ST/PwD applicants and Kashmiri Migrants||1000|
NOTE – Application fee will be non-refundable and payment can be made only via online mode through Net Banking or Credit/Debit card.
IISER Test Centres 2019
Applicants have to select test centres as per their convenience and preference while filling an application form. The aptitude test will be conducted in the following test centre cities:
|Bangalore||Indian Institute of Science Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bangalore|
|Bhubaneswar||National Institute of Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar|
|Bhopal||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal|
|Baroda||The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Delhi||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Guwahati||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati|
|Hyderabad||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Uppal No. 1, Hyderabad|
|Kolkata||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata|
|Mohali||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali|
|Mumbai||Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Nagpur||Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|Pune||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram|
|Varanasi||Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi|
IISER Exam Pattern 2019
The table below shows the exam pattern of IISER Aptitude Test 2019 also known as IAT 2019. This aptitude test will be conducted for applicants who opt for SCB Channel.
|Test Duration||3 hours|
|Subjects||Consists of four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology|
All the four subjects will carry equal weightage
|Total time duration||180 minutes (45 mins for each subject)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Questions asked in each subject||15|
|Total number of questions||60|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer|
|Exam Date||Fourth week of June, 2019 (Tentative)|
IISER Admit Card 2019
The conducting authority will release IISER Admit Card 2019 in the third week of June, 2019. Applicants appearing for IAT 2019 have to collect the admit card first. IISER 2019 Admit card will be available in online mode. the candidate can download the admit card from the official website by logging in using their email id and password. The admit card will contain details of candidate and instructions regarding the test. Aspirants are advised to check the details mentioned on the card carefully before downloading it. The admit card acts as an identity proof for the candidate and it must be kept safe and secure until the admission process gets over.
IISER Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for IISER 2019 Aptitude Test for all four subjects is mentioned below. The candidate must prepare according to the given syllabus.
- Physics:- Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Properties of bulk matter, Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current.
- Mathematics:- Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sets, Relations and functions, Trigonometric Functions, Sequences and Series, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Continuity and Differentiability, Integrals, Applications of integrals, Statistics, Probability, Matrices, Determinants, Differential equations, Vectors, Three-dimensional geometry.
- Chemistry:- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Some Basic Concept of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, The s-block Elements, The p-block Elements, The solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life, Surface chemistry, The d- & f-block elements.
- Biology:- Structural organization in animals and plants, Diversity in the living world, Cell structure and function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Biology and human welfare, Biotechnology and its application, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology and environment.
Preparation of IISER Aptitude Test 2019
Candidates opting for SCB channel must know how to crack the aptitude test of IISER 2019. In order to qualify the test, an applicant must also be aware of how to prepare for the test. Some resources which will help in preparation are listed below:
- Syllabus – The test is generally based on NCERT syllabus of Class 11th and 12th.
- Books – Candidates can prepare from NCERT books and also they can take help from reference books for practice purpose.
- Preparation Strategy/Timetable – Applicants must create a timetable and follow it. This will help them to prepare in the best possible way.
IISER Answer Key 2019
Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research will release IISER answer key 2019 for the aptitude test. Using this answer key applicants can calculate their probable score. All the candidate needs to do is to check their response against the question asked in the test. If the candidate’s response is correct then he/she will be awarded 3 marks and if the response is wrong then 1 mark will be deducted. The calculation should be based on this marking scheme.
IISER Result 2019
Candidates are shortlisted for allotment of seats via KVPY and JEE channels through the result of IISER 2019. IISER Result 2019 for aptitude test will be available online from the first week of July, 2019.
Result for KVPY Channel: The KVPY result and cut-off will be made available in online mode. The cut-off will be made according to the minimum qualifying marks secured by aspirants.
Result for JEE Channel: The result for JEE channel will be announced for the combined three subjects. The JEE Advanced rank will be based on the marks secured in JEE.
Aptitude Test Result: Applicants who have opted for SCB channel can check their IAT 2019 result by logging in using their roll number and registration id. The result will be generated for candidates who will score minimum qualifying marks. Thus, those candidates will be offered admission in IISER.
IISER Merit List 2019
The admission authority will publish the IISER Merit List 2019. The merit list will be prepared based on the total number of available seats through all three channels. Seats will be allotted to only those candidates whose names will be listed on the IISER 2019 merit list. On the basis of selection of programme and institute, candidate’s name will be mentioned on the merit list of IISER 2019.
IISER Cut-off 2019
The minimum qualifying score required by candidates for admission in Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research is known as IISER cut-off 2019. The cut-off for the previous year of all states is given below:
|Name of Board||Cut- off %||Name of Board||Cut- off %|
|Andhra Pradesh||95.4 %||Nagaland||66.5 %|
|Bihar||71.0 %||Punjab||80.7 %|
|Goa||83.3 %||Tamil Nadu||95.2 %|
|Haryana||86.3 %||Uttar Pradesh||74.2 %|
|Jammu Kashmir||84.4 %||West Bengal||78.9 %|
|Karnataka||87.5 %||ICSE||92.9 %|
|Madhya Pradesh||82.0 %||AMU Board||81.4 %|
|Manipur||77.6 %||NIOS||83.6 %|
|Mizoram||67.4 %||Viswa-Bharathi||83.1 %|
|Orissa||71.6 %||Telangana||97.3 %|
|Rajasthan||78.7 %||Assam||74.5 %|
|Tripura||68.2 %||Chhattisgarh||76.6 %|
|Uttarakhand||67.9 %||Kerala||93.3 %|
|CBSE||90.0 %||Maharashtra||77.9 %|
|Himachal Pradesh||79.7 %||–|
IISER Counselling 2019
The admission authority will organize IISER Counselling 2019 for the qualifying applicants of aptitude test who have opted for SCB channel. The counselling process will be conducted for all three channels separately. Also, the authority will publish seat allotment lists separately for all the channels. Participation in counselling of IISER 2019 is must for shortlisted aspirants who wish for admission in the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research.
IISER Seat Matrix 2019
There are approximately 1285 seats offered to candidates through IISER 2019. The IISER Seat Matrix 2019 is given below:
|S.No||Location of IISER Institutes||Seat Matrix|
IISER Participating Institutes 2019
There are a total of seven IISER Participating Institutes 2019. These institutes will offer seats to the shortlisted candidates. These institutes will also provide admission through KVYP, JEE Advanced 2019 and SCB. Applicants are advised to select participating institutes according to their convenience as seats will be allotted based on this selection during the counselling process. The seven IISER 2019 participating institutes are given below:
Address of Correspondence
Joint Admission Committee 2017
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pashan, Pune 411008
Phone: +91 020 2590 8222 (10 AM to 3 PM on weekdays)