The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to develop an understanding of the teaching-learning process at a secondary and senior-secondary level among student teachers.
The IGNOU B.Ed course is a Two-year course and maximum time limit for its completion is 5 years. The course is specially designed for trained in-service teachers.
- 1 IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Test Dates
- 2 Eligibility Criteria IGNOU B.Ed. 2019 Programme
- 3 IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Form
- 4 IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Syllabus
- 5 IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Hall Ticket
- 6 IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Result
- 7 IGNOU B.Ed Programme 2019 Admission And Counselling
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Entrance Test Dates
|IGNOU B.Ed Events Schedule|
|RELEASE OF APPLICATION FORMS||21st JUNE 2018 (tentative)|
|LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION||11th AUGUST 2018 (tentative)|
|DATE OF ENTRANCE TEST||24th SEPTEMBER 2018 (tentative)|
Eligibility Criteria IGNOU B.Ed. 2019 Programme
Please check if you fulfill the eligibility conditions before proceeding to register yourself for the programme. The applications would not be considered even though they appear and qualify in the entrance test if they are not fulfilling minimum eligibility at the time of submitting the application form for the entrance test.
The Eligibility criteria to be met for the IGNOU B.Ed. 2019 Programme are:
- At least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity.
Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any equivalent.
- The candidates must:
(i) Be a trained in-service teacher in elementary education.
(ii) have completed an NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Form
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Form shall be available from 21 June 2018. Keep checking www.ignou.ac.in around that time for the advertisement.
|The registration fee for the IGNOU B.Ed entrance test is Rs.1000/-. It can be paid online or at the regional centre. In case, the application form is obtained by post, the amount is Rs. 1050/-.|
The registration for IGNOU B.Ed entrance test can be done in both online and offline modes.
Online Application For IGNOU B.Ed 2019:
How To Fill The IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2019 Online
Before filling the online form, it is necessary that you register yourself in the online admission portal first by visiting the website https://onlineadmissions.IGNOU.ac.in .
The registration process for IGNOU B.Ed 2019 includes the following steps:
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Application Form Online can be filled in the following steps:
STEP 1: Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online admission system and then login with your UserName and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
STEP 2: Fill personal details, programme details, qualification details, course details, and correspondence details. Remember, while filling qualification details :
If your subjects are different than the subjects mentioned; click the “OTHERS” check box.
For those with qualification of graduation and above, in the field “Board Code” select “9999”.
STEP 3: Upload Scanned Documents: Remember, before this step you should must have the relevant scanned documents (It is suggested to scan documents from your originals). These include:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof.
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any). (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC. (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line. (less than 400 KB)
STEP 4: Pay your Programme fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking :-
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the programme fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip
- Payment by Net banking : If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
- Payment by ATM Card (PNB)
STEP 5: Once you have uploaded the documents, click the “NEXT” button you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
It is not required to post any hard copy of your online application form.
Offline Application For IGNOU B.Ed 2019
- In the offline mode, the application form can either be downloaded from the IGNOU Official website or obtained at the regional centres or by post.
- The filled in application form has to be posted to the regional centre along with photocopies of valid documents and the demand draft in favour of IGNOU payable at the city of the regional centre.
The address of the regional centres shall be available in the prospectus and also on the website http://www.IGNOU.ac.in/IGNOU/aboutIGNOU/regional/website.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Syllabus
- The date of the entrance test shall be notified in the advertisement.
- Duration: 2 hours
- No. of Questions: 100
The question paper shall be divided into two parts as follows:
|Aspects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part – A |
General English Comprehension
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Educational & General Awareness
Teaching-Learning and the school
|Part B |
|*Subject competence (any one) |
iii. Social Studies
- Any one subject has to be attempted in part B.
- The questions in part B shall be based on the curriculum of classes IX/X prescribed by NCERT/CBSE.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Hall Ticket
The hall ticket shall be issued to all the candidates who successfully completed the application process including the payment of examination fees. No candidate shall be allowed to appear for the exam without the hall ticket.
Hall tickets will be uploaded on IGNOU website www.IGNOU.ac.in for appearing in the Entrance Test.
Please retain the hall ticket as it is mandatory for admission later on.
IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Result
The IGNOU B.Ed 2019 Results shall be available with the regional centres within 5 weeks from the date of the entrance test.
All the candidates who appeared for the entrance test shall receive a result card indicating their score and qualifying/non-qualifying status from SED. Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
In case any candidate does not receive the Result Card, he/she may approach the Regional Director, IGNOU of his/her Region.
IGNOU B.Ed Programme 2019 Admission And Counselling
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India.
- The qualifying candidates must submit their programme fee Rs. 50,000/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at the city of Regional Centre and the original call letter and the scorecard to the Regional Centre latest by the last date intimated to them by Regional Centre concerned.
- During the time of counselling when invited by the regional centre, the following documents has to be submitted for verification:
- Higher Secondary/Sr. Secondary School Certificate indicating the date of birth, along with marksheet.
- Original Hall Ticket
- Degree and marksheet of graduation/post-graduation.
- Mark Sheet and Certificate of NCTE Recognized Teaching Programme completed through Face to Face mode.
- Certificate issued by the Institution where the candidate has pursued his/her teacher education programme stating that the institute is recognized for offering the teacher education programme through face to face mode by NCTE, along with a copy of recognition letter issued by NCTE to that institution.
- Original Certificate from the reconized Secondary/Senior Secondary schools to provide facilities for Practical Work including Internship, for per the format enclosed.
- Category certificate, if applicable as mentioned in the Entrance cum Admission Form.
- Original Experience-cum-Employment certificate (if applicable) in a letterhead of a recognised school as per format given in the prospectus.
- Certificate to provide facilities for B.Ed. practical Work including internship (Four weeks in B.Ed. First Year and Sixteen weeks in B.Ed. Second Year) from a Secondary/Higher/ Sr. Secondary school in the format given in the prospectus.
- Affidavit by Student/Parents/Guardian.
For updated information keep visiting our website. You can also visit the official website of IGNOU www.IGNOU.ac.in for notifications and updates.
Please write your questions in the comments section below.