Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019 will start from June 2019. Himachal Pradesh University conducts the Admission Process to offer the candidates seats in Medical or Dental Colleges/Institutes of Himachal Pradesh through NEET Exam 2019. In order to get admission to the Institute, the candidate has to qualify the NEET 2019 Exam. Online Application Form will be available for the candidate who wishes to get admission in the Medical Colleges of Himachal Pradesh. HPU conducts the admission for state quota seats on behalf of Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER), Shimla.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates of Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019
The Official Dates for Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019 has not been announced yet. However, we have mentioned the tentative dates of Himachal Pradesh MBBS and BDS 2019-
|The Release of Online Application Form||June 2019|
|Last Date of the Application Form||June 2019|
|Corrections in the Application Form||June 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||June 2019|
|First Round of Counselling Admission||June/July 2019|
|Last Date for Reporting to the Allotted College||July 2019|
|Second Round of Counselling||July/August 2019|
|Last Date to Report Allotted College||July/August 2019|
|Mop-Up Round Counselling||August 2019|
|Last Date to report Allotted College||August 2019|
|Forwarding of Vacant seats to Medical Colleges||August 2019|
|Commencement of Classes||August 2019|
|Last Date of Joining MBBS College||August 2019|
|Second Mop Up Round for BDS||September 2019|
|Last Date for joining in BDS College||September 2019|
|Forwarding of Vacant Seats to Dental College||September 2019|
|Last Date of Joining BDS Course||September 2019|
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to satisfy some of the eligibility conditions before filling Himachal Pradesh 2019 MBBS Admission Criteria is as follows-
- The Nationality of the Candidate must be Indian.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018.
- Candidates should have born on or after 7th May 1993.
- Bonafide candidates of Himachal Pradesh whose parents have been posted outside under All India Services are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be a domicile of Himachal Pradesh, but in case of Management Quota Admission, candidates outside Himachal Pradesh are also eligible to apply.
- The Applicants must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects from a recognized Board.
- Students from NIOS/Open Board are also eligible to apply for Himachal Pradesh MBBS 2019 Admission.
- Candidates must have passed all the individual subjects with a minimum percentage of 50% for General Category, 45% for Physical Handicapped (unreserved), and 40% for Reserved Category.
- The Candidates must have secured a minimum percentile in the NEET UG 2019.
Required Minimum Percentile of NEET UG 2019
|Categories||Minimum Percentile Required|
|General Category (UR)||50%|
|ST/SC/OBC (Including PH of SC/ST/OBC)||40%|
HP MBBS 2019 Application Form
The Application Form of Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019 will be released in the month of June 2019. Candidates who are interested can fill in the form. Candidates must satisfy the above-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to fill in the application form. The Application Form has to be filled online. The Filling of the Application Form comprises of the following steps –
- Registration Process- This is the first stage of filling the application form. Candidates who have to register themselves by submitting their basic details- Name of the candidate, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mobile Number and E-mail ID. A Registration Number and Password will be generated and is sent to your registered mobile number and e-mail id.
- Fill in Academic Details – Using the Login Credentials, login and fill in all the academic and education qualification details. Enter all the details carefully.
- Upload Photograph and Signature- After entering the required details, upload your photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned.
- Payment of the Application Fees- Now pay the application fees. Application Fees can be paid both online/offline. Online Mode includes- Debit Card/Credit Card/ Internet Banking.
- Submission of the Application Form -After filling all the details and making the payment, recheck and submit the details. Take a printout of the Application Form and save it for future reference.
Application Fees of HP MBBS Admissions 2019
The Application Fees for General Category/NRI/OBC Category is Rs 1800/- and the application fees for SC/ST/ BPL/PH is Rs 900/-. Candidates can make the payment online as well as offline.
- Online Mode – Credit Card/Debit Card/Internet Banking
- Offline Mode- Challan
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Merit List 2019
Based on the NEET Scores and Ranks secured by the candidates, candidates will be selected on the Merit List 2019. The Merit list will be published online on the official website of HP University. The Merit List will contain the name of the candidates in descending order of NEET Scores and Rank.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Counselling 2019
After the declaration of the Merit List, candidates who are shortlisted are called for counseling. The Counselling procedure takes place online. Candidates have to log in and enter option details regarding the College Preferences, Courses and other basic details. The Counseling procedure also has an option to modify or correct the details if in case they have entered wrong details or wish to change in their decisions. Selection of the colleges is done based on the priority level.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Document Verification 2019
Candidates who are shortlisted in the counseling round will be called for a Document Verification Process. The HP MBBS Document Verification process is completely held offline. In the Document Verification Process, candidates have to produce their Identification Documents and Educational Qualification Certificates. Candidates who failed to produce any of the following listed documents will be disqualified from Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS BDS Seat Reservation 2019
The seat procedure system of HP MBBS BDS is different than other Government/Private Dental and Medical Institutions. The Government and Medical Colleges have 85% Seats Reserved under State Quota and the Private Medical/Dental Colleges are equally divided among the State and Management Quota (50% each). The State Quota seats are reserved for various categories. The Seat Reservation Procedure of Himachal Pradesh MBBS is as follows-
Himachal Pradesh Medical Seat Reservation 2019
|Other Backward Class||4%|
|Single Girl Child||1%|
|Children-Son/Daughter of Ex-Servicemen||1%|
|Children-Son/Daughter of Defence Personel||1%|
|War of Freedom Fighter||1%|
|Children of J & K Migrants||1%|
|Children of Tibetan Refugees||1%|
|ESI Quota (only in Shah. Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt. Medical College||35%|
HP MBBS and BDS Participating Institutes
Government Medical and Dental Colleges
|Name of the College||State Quota Seats|
|Indira Gandhi College, Shimla||85 seats|
|Dr. Rajendra Prasad Govt. Medical College, Kangra||85 seats|
|Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar Govt. Medical College, Nahan, Sirmour||85 Seats|
|Sh. Lal Bahadur Shastri Govt Medical College, Ner-Chowk, Mandi||55 Seats|
|Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Medical College, Chamba||85 Seats|
|Dr. RKG Medical College, Hamirpur||85 Seats|
|HP Government and Medical College and Hospital, Shimla||51 Seats|
Private and Medical Colleges
|Name of the College||Number of Seats|
|Maharishi Markandeshwar Private Medical College, Kumarhatti, Solan||150 Seats|
|Himachal Dental College Sunder Nagar, Mandi||30 Seats|
|MN DAV Dental College Tatul, Solan||30 Seats|
|Bhojia Dental College and Hospital Budh (Nalagarh), Solan||30 Seats|
|Himachal Institute of Dental Sciences, Paonta Sahib, Sirmour||50 Seats|
The Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2019 is completely based on your qualifying marks and scores in NEET Examination 2019. Other than that, candidates must also satisfy the eligibility criteria of the Himachal Pradesh 2019 MBBS Admission Procedure. The Merit List declared, will be based on the NEET Scores and Rank.