Gujarat Polytechnic 2018: Admission into 1st-year polytechnic courses after 10 (SSC) Regular and second-year polytechnic courses after std 10 plus two years certificate courses conducted by NCVT or GCVT or TEB (C or D) in the polytechnic colleges of the state Gujarat is administrated by Admission Committee for Professional polytechnic Courses (ACPDC), Gujarat. No entrance exam is conducted by the official admission authority. Admission to polytechnic courses is granted to the eligible candidates based on the qualifying examination and certification in the respective programme. For more information related to admission in polytechnic courses, read below
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The ACPDC, official admission authority has released the dates and application form for admission to 1st year & 2nd-year polytechnic courses. Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to 1st year & 2nd-year programme. To register and apply, visit the “application form” section of this article.
Gujarat Polytechnic Dates 2018
The dates of important activities for admission to 1st year & 2nd year Gujrat polytechnic courses have been released by ACPDC. Admission into both 1st year and 2nd-year polytechnic courses follows the same counselling procedure but on different dates. However, the officially announced admission dates of the 1st year & 2nd-year polytechnic programme has been provided in the table below.
|S. No||Activities||1st Year Polytechnic |
|2nd Year Polytechnic |
|1.||Distribution of Information Booklets and PINS will be continue from branches of Kotak Mahindra bank till date||11th June 2018||19 May 2018|
|2.||Online Application form with necessary documents at Help-center.||1st May 2018||24 April 2018|
|3.||Last date of form submission||12th June 2018||21 May 2018|
|4.||Declaration of Provisional Merit List||12th June 2018||25 May 2018|
|5.||Choice Filling for Mock Round||15-19 June 2018||25-29 May 2018|
|6.||Display of Mock Round result||22nd June 2018||1 June 2018|
|7.||Declaration of Final Merit List||22nd June 2018||2 June 2018|
|8.||Filling & Alteration of choices by the candidates for Actual|
|22-26 June 2018||2-6 June 2018|
|9.||Declaration of Allotment List of the Actual Admission Round-1||29th June 2018||11 June 2018|
|10.||Deposition of Tuition Fees in the Bank and Online for|
confirmation of allotted Admission
|29th -3rd July 2018||11-16 June 2018|
|11.||Intimation to not-reporting candidates by SMS.||2nd July 2018||13 June 2018|
|12.||Display of Vacancy after Actual Admission Round-1||5th July 2018||18 June 2018|
|13.||Reshuffling and alteration of choices, if any, for Actual|
|5-7th July 2018||18-20 June 2018|
|14.||Declaration of Allotment List of the Actual Admission Round-2||11th June 2018||25 June 2018|
|15.||Deposition of Tuition Fees in the Bank and Online for confirmation of allotted Admission||11-13 July 2018||25-27 June 2018|
|16.||Intimation to not-reporting candidates by SMS.||12th July 2018||26 June 2018|
|17.||Display of Vacancy after Actual Admission Round 2||16thJuly 2018||29 June 2018|
|18.||Commencement of academic term||2nd August 2018||15 July 2018|
Gujarat Polytechnic 2018 Eligibility Criteria
ACPDC, Gujarat has made a set of eligibility criteria for the students to are willing to get admission into 1st and 2nd year polytechnic Programme. Applicants before filling up the application form for Gujarat Polytechnic 2018 must check the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
Admission to First Year Professional polytechnic Courses of Engineering and Technology in Government, Grant-In-Aid and Self Financed Institutions located in the State of Gujarat.
Eligibility Criteria: A candidate shall have passed the class 10 qualifying examination with minimum eligibility criteria of the percentage of marks in subjects in any year prescribed by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) from time to time from,-
The Gujarat Board; or
The Central Board of Secondary Education Board (CBSE) or the Council of Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi or the International School Board or the National Institute of Open Schooling or Sanskrit Pathsala:
- The school/study center in which the candidate has studied should have been located in the State of Gujarat; or
- The school/study center in which the candidate has studied, should have been located in the Union Territories of Diu, Daman and Dadra Nagar Haveli and whose parents are the origin of Gujarat; or
- A candidate who has studied under Jawaharlal Navodaya Vidyalaya Scheme up to Standard VIII in any of the schools located in the State of Gujarat, thereafter studied in any of the schools located out of the State of Gujarat under the said Scheme shall be eligible for admission.
Admission to 2nd Year Professional polytechnic Engineering Courses (After Std. X + Two years certificate course conducted by NCVT or GCVT or TEB or IGTR) in Government, Grant-In-Aid and Self Financed Institutions located in State of Gujarat.
For the purpose of admission, a candidate shall have passed the qualifying examination any time before the admission process for the current admission year starts
Provided that :
- ITI or Technical school/institute in which the candidate has studied, should have been located in the State of Gujarat; or
- ITI or Technical school/institute in which the candidate has studied, should have been located in the Union Territories of Daman and Diu or Dadra and Nagar Haveli and whose parents are of Gujarat origin:
- The candidate who have passed the qualifying examination from other States shall also be eligible if seats remain vacant after granting admission to the candidates.
Gujarat Polytechnic Application Form 2018
The Gujarat polytechnic admission application form 2018 for 1st year and 2nd-year polytechnic programme has been released. The candidates who are willing to get enrolled for 1st year & 2nd-year programme must register and apply for the same by visiting the link given below.
Step by step guide to applying for Gujarat Polytechnic Application Form 2018 has been provided below.
- Click on the link “Gujarat polytechnic Admission 2018”. It will redirect to the official website page.
- Read the instruction carefully and click on “Apply Now” option.
- Create a “login ID” and “password” by registering yourself.
- Fill in the application form by entering the personal details and academic qualification.
- Payment of application fee.
- Download the application form and take the printout of the same for future use.
Gujarat Polytechnic Cut-off 2018
It is not possible to provide the seats to all the candidates who applied for polytechnic admission. Hence, the official authority determines minimum cut-off qualifying criteria based on qualifying examination. Applicants who manage to obtain the cut-off marks are shortlisted for counselling. The factors on which the cut-off marks is decided are as follows:
- Number of applicants
- Highest and lowest marks obtained by the applicants
- Number of seat intake in a particular programme
- Number of participating institute
- Previous year cut-offs
Gujarat Polytechnic Merit List 2018
After receiving all the applications, the official authority will analyze and prepare a list category-wise for the eligible candidates. Minimum cut-off marks based on the qualifying exam will be determined by the authority. Applicants who manage to obtain the minimum cut-off marks shall be eligible to appear in the merit list and called for the counselling. Based on the merit list ranking, applicants shall be called for counselling.
For admission to 1st-year diploma programme, no entrance test will be conducted. Based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam of the applicants, the admission authority will prepare the merit list, within the prescribed time limit and who are found eligible for admission under these rules, shall be prepared in the following manner, namely:-
(1) For preparing the merit list, the marks obtained in the Secondary School Certificate Examination, (Standard X) from total 300 marks of following subjects shall be taken into consideration, namely:-
The merit list of the candidates who are willing to get admission into 2nd year Diploma courses shall be prepared on the basis of the total marks obtained in Theory in the final year examination of Certificate Course after converting the total marks to 300 in case of TEB Certificate Holders or sum of Trade theory and Workshop Calculation and Science in the final year examination of Certificate Course after converting the total marks to 300 in case of ITI Certificate Holders.
The below-mentioned institute offers admission into the 1st year and 2nd year Diploma courses in the state of Gujarat. Candidate on the basis of qualifying exam gets admission into polytechnic colleges in the state Gujarat. Below table will contain the following details
Name of the college/ Institute
No. of student intake in the first and second shift
Year of establishment
Cut-off for the year 2017-18
District of the colleges
Annual academic fee
Seat Reservation in Gujarat Diploma Admission 2018
For the purpose of admission into the Diploma courses, the seats shall be reserved for the candidates who are of Gujarat origin and falling under the following categories and proportion. A candidate seeking admission on reserved seat shall be required to produce a Certificate of inclusion in the concerned category. No caste certificate shall be valid unless it is duly stamped, signed and issued by the authority empowered by the Government of Gujarat. The percentage of the seat reserved for each reserved categories is provided below
Percentage of seat reserved
Scheduled Castes (SC)
Scheduled Tribes (ST)
Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including Widows and Orphan of any castes (SEBC)
Physically Disabled Candidates
Children of Defence personals and Ex-Servicemen
Gujarat Polytechnic Counselling 2018
Based on the merit list, multiple rounds of counselling will be conducted. Dates of all the counselling and seat allotment have been provided in the table given above. Candidates should carefully follow the dates and perform the task accordingly. If a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her, then they must freeze their allocated seat and report to the institute with the necessary required documents.
Candidates, if not satisfied with the seat allotment, then he/she can opt for the 2nd round of counselling and so on. But seat allotted in the 1st round counselling shall be cancelled.
Documents to be submitted to the help center and at the time of reporting in the institute
The candidate shall submit the self-attested copies of the following documents along with the print out of the registration form at the Help Center, namely:-
- Mark sheet issued by ITI / TEB / IGTR
- S.S.C. Examination ( Std. 10th) Mark-sheet.
- Caste certificate for a candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe. (ST) and Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC), issued by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf.
- Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) certificate of the family, issued by the authority empowered by the State Government in this behalf.
- Certificate of Physical Disability, issued and duly signed by the Civil Surgeon / Competent Medical Authority, in case of a Physically Handicapped candidate.
- Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, duly issued by the Director, Sainik Welfare Board, Gujarat State or by the District Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Certificate of In-Serviceman duly issued by the Commanding Officer of the respective unit in which he is serving.
- Certificate of retired defence person issued by the Commanding officer of the respective unit in which he was serving.
- Such other certificates as the Admission Committee deems necessary.
If any candidates come across any doubts, then please write your query in the comment box given below.