Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019: Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) will be conducting the annual counselling for medical and dental admissions for the academic session of 2019. Students will be allocated into various governmental and privatized colleges located in the state of Gujarat India. Gujarat MBBS/BDS 2019 Admissions will include registration, viewing merit list, choice filling and locking of college preferences, attending counselling session, waiting for seat allotment list, and confirming admission. Candidates will only be able to enter this admission drive if they clear the NEET 2019. Candidates going to be appearing for the NEET 2019 can choose opting via state quota or via All India Counselling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|UPES University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennet University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn about the important dates for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019; Registration Procedure for Gujarat 2019 MBBS Admissions; Merit List for Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2019; and Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2019.
Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019
- Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) will be responsible for student allocation into various governmental and privatized colleges/institutes/universities located in the state of Gujarat.
- Counseling conducting body of Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2019 will be considering National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) score of the students to allot seats as per the latest norm.
- Programmes offered under NEET include Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Admission Committee for Professional Undergraduate Medical Educational Courses (ACPUGMEC) will be taking care of 85% of the total candidate list; the remaining 15% will be controlled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- Around 36 governmental and privatized college/institute/universities will be inviting students for admissions into MBBS and BDS programmes.
- There will be an estimated 4600 seats available for both MBBS and BDS UG programmes in Gujarat medical and dental colleges/institutes/universities.
Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019 Dates
Candidates, who are interested in pursuing medical/dental under graduation under state quota of Gujarat, can start applying, tentatively, from the 3rd week of June 2019. Merit list for first counselling session will be released around last week of June to first week of July 2019. The first counselling will begin around first week of July 2019. For detailed Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019 schedule, refer to the table below.
|1||Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|2||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of June 2019|
|3||Document Verification||3rd week of June 2019|
|4||Release of Gujarat MBBS Merit List||Last week of June 2019|
|5||Choice Filling and Locking||Last week of June 2019|
|6||First Seat Allotment||1st week of July 2019|
|7||Admission Confirmation and Fee Payment||2nd week of July 2019|
|8||Second Counselling Registration||3rd week of July 2019|
|9||Last Date for Application Submission||3rd week of July 2019|
|10||Document verification||3rd week of July 2019|
|11||Release of Candidate List||3rd week of July 2019|
|12||Choice filling for New Registrations||4th week of July 2019|
|13||Seat Allotment||2nd week of August 2019|
|14||Admission Confirmation||3rd week of August 2019|
|15||Mop Up Rounds||Last week of August 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for Gujarat MBBS Admissions 2019
To be able to participate in the Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019, candidates are required to clear certain guidelines set forth by the ACPUGMEC. These guidelines are espoused to maintain a specific standard in the student resources appearing in the Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2019. Refer to the table for a detailed explication of Gujarat MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
|S. No||Factor||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Nationality||Candidates must be a citizen of India.|
Other than that, candidate who holds an Overseas Citizen of India Card can also apply.
|2||Domicile Factor||Candidates seeking admissions for the medical programmes must satisfy the domicile criteria of Gujarat, i.e. students with either roots in Gujarat, who have spent considerable amount of years in the state of Gujarat, and has done their schooling from Gujarat will be considered eligible.|
Candidates must have passes 10+2 from the state board of Gujarat.
Candidates who cleared their 12th Boards from JNVs located outside Gujarat are eligible. If they have studied in any JNVs located in Gujarat till 8th standard are also eligible.
OCI, PIO, NRI candidates are required to get permit from ACPUGMEC.
|3||Age Factor||The minimum age required to apply for Gujarat MBBS 2019 admissions is 17th years.|
The age limit will be 25 years for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories.
There will be an age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST categories, i.e. SC/ST candidates can apply till 30 years of age.
|4||Qualifying Examination||Qualifying examination will be National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
Other than that, candidates must have passed 10+2 from State Board of Gujarat or equivalent.
|5||Qualifying Subjects||Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology are eligible for seek admission.|
Other than that, proficiency in English will be considered desirable.
|6||Qualifying Marks/Percentage||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 examination with a combined aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.|
There will be a relaxation of 5 percent for physically handicapped students,
A relaxation of 10 percent will be given to candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST categories
Gujarat MBBS Registration 2019
Candidates who meet the Eligibility requirements can proceed to the registration process. Registration will mainly include Purchasing a PIN from designated Bank, creating a user ID, filling up of application form, uploading relevant documents, and application fee payment. The Gujarat MBBS 2019 registration window will be open for only a few days; thus, candidates are advised to get registered as soon as possible.
To successfully get registered, candidates can follow these steps given below.
- Purchasing PIN and Application Fee Payment – Candidates are required to buy a PIN from any branch of AXIS Bank by paying an amount of INR 200 for all candidates, and INR 10,000 is to be paid in case of NRIs.
- Register – Candidates will have to get registered from the official website of ACPUGMEC by providing a valid email and some basic details.
- Application Form Fill up – after registration, candidates will have to enter in personal and academic details.
- Uploading Documents – Recent passport size scanned photograph and scanned image of candidate’s signature is to be uploaded as per the official guidelines set forth by ACPUGMEC.
- Save the Login ID and Password – Candidates, at this point, will have to note down the login Id and create a password for the same.
- Editing the Application – The applications can be reviewed and corrected.
Merit List for Gujarat MBBS 2019
The Merit List for Admissions in Gujarat colleges and universities under medical programmes will be prepared by the ACPUGMEC on the basis of performance of candidates in NEET 2019, availability of seat, and number of applicants. Merit Lists are an essential decider for the seat allotment procedure. Gujarat Medical Counseling Body will be referring mostly to the Merit List. Apart from that, candidates under special categories will be given some preferences under quota. Gujarat Medical Counseling Body will release Merit Lists for each counselling procedure. The first Merit List will be released around 4th week of June 2019 to 1st week July 2019.
Gujarat MBBS 2019 Counselling
Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2019 will be a straight-forward procedure. Gujarat Medical Counseling Conducting Authority will prepare a merit list based on the candidates who register for the Gujarat MBBS/BDS admissions 2019. Merit Lists will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET 2019. Based on the Merit List, candidates will be called in for participating in the counselling sessions of Gujarat MBBS 2019 admission. Seats will be allotted to candidates therein, and they can confirm their admission by paying the admission fees before the last date. Counselling session will go up to two or more rounds until the conclusion of the whole admission procedure.
The list of documents that is to be presented at the time of verification is as follows.
- Domicile certificate of Gujarat
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Result Copy
- NEET 2019 Admit Card of the Candidate
- Counseling letter for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2019
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Age Proof (Birth Certificate/ Class 10 admit card).
- ID Proof such as copy of Voter card/ Aadhar card/ Passport.
- Caste Certificate and category (if applicable).
- Copy of Gujarat MBBS/BDS fee transaction slip and application form
Seat Allotment Details
The allotment of seats will be solely based on the NEET Score of the candidate and Merit List prepared by the counselling conducting body. However, there will be reserved seats for candidates from OBC, SC, and ST categories. Last year the following percentage of seats were allotted under reservation status.
|Category||Percent of Reserved Seats|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
|Management Quota||25% (including 15% NRI Quota)|