|Application Open for MAHE Entrance Test (Manipal Univ)||Apply Now!!|
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students: This is a centrally funded scheme by the Government of India which aims to encourage the ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy levels in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue M. Phil and Ph. D. Courses. It also encourages ST students to pursue courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions. Application form for session 2018-19 has been released on 23rd July 2018. Visit the latest update section below to apply before 31st October 2018. This scheme provides the scholarship under two separate schemes which are fellowship and scholarship. To know in detail about this scholarship – Read Below.
- 1 Latest Updates
- 2 National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
- 3 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 Distribution of Fellowships
- 5 Slots Will be Provided to Sub-Categories In The Following Priority:
- 6 Selection procedure
- 7 Hard/soft Copy of Thesis will be Furnished to MoTA
- 8 Financial Assistance for Fellowship
- 9 Financial Assistance for Scholarship
- 10 Documents To Be Uploaded During Application Form Filling of Fellowship
- 11 Documents To Be Uploaded During Application Form Filling of Scholarship
As per the latest released official notification, the Applications for the National Scholarship Portal under Central Schemes, State Schemes, UGC Schemes, AICTE Schemes has been released on 23rd July 2018. Eligible students can apply till 31st October 2018 in online mode. Link for new registration and renewal is provided in the application form section given below.
To apply or renewal for the scholarship – Click Here
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
Fellowship: The Objective of the Scheme is to Encourage The ST students, a section of society with the lowest literacy levels in the country, to acquire higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue M. Phil and Ph. D. Courses, with a view to create qualified professionals to hold posts of teachers /professionals and other higher stages of employment.
Scholarship: ST Students is intended to encourage meritorious ST students to pursue courses at Graduate/Post Graduate level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private, in professional fields such as Management, Medicine, Engineering, Information Technology, Law etc.
The National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students will be available for candidates who fulfil the following conditions for the award:
- The candidate belonging to ST should have passed the Post-Graduation examination for being eligible for the Fellowship. The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full time M.Phil/Ph.D Courses in University / Academic Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act / ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
- The list of University/Academic Institution as referred to in sub para (i) above shall be identified by ministry.
- The ST students once considered eligible for the Fellowship shall not be entitled to any other scholarship of the Centre or State Government the same study.
- The fellowship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started the research work.
- In order to qualify for Senior Research Fellowship a candidate will have to fulfill the UGC/ICAR norms prescribed in this regard.
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- The student will be eligible to join only the list of Institution identified by Ministry.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs.6.0 lakh per annum.
- The scholarship shall be payable once the student has secured admission and started attending the classes.
- The scholarship awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
Distribution of Fellowships
The total number of fresh fellowships each year, will be 750. In case of nonavailability of adequate number of Scheduled Tribe candidates, the number of fellowships not availed during a year will be carried forward to the next academic session. There is no State/University wise ceiling on number of slots.
Slots Will be Provided to Sub-Categories In The Following Priority:
|1.||Person with Disability (PWD)WD||3% of total slots|
|2.||PVTG (List at Annexure-VIII)||50 slots|
|4.||Female||30% of total slots|
Fellowship: An online portal is developed by Ministry for inviting application. Candidates after taking admission for the various courses in the notified Universities/Institutes will submit the application online for fellowship. Selection list of the eligible candidates for the award of Fellowship based on the data available online will be auto-generated and displayed on the portal.
Hard/soft Copy of Thesis will be Furnished to MoTA
University will make sure that Teacher/Guide does not enroll more students than allowed as per UGC norms MoTA may from time to time check with guide/student regularly the progress of work. In case MoTA finds the progress unsatisfactory, it may discontinue the fellowship.
Scholarship: An end-to-end online portal www.scholarships.gov.in for application, processing, approval, disbursement and monitoring has been developed by this Ministry. Candidates after taking admission for the various courses in the notified Universities/Institutes will submit the application online for scholarships.
Financial Assistance for Fellowship
|M.Phil||@ Rs. 25000/-
|i.Rs.10000/per year for
Humanities & Social
ii.Rs.12000/-per year for
|As per rules of the University/Institutio
|Rs.2000/-p.m in case of
physically handicapped and blind
candidates for all the
|i.Rs.20500 per year for
Humanities & Social
ii. Rs.25000 per year for
|As per rules of the
|Rs.2000/-p.min case of
for all the
Financial Assistance for Scholarship
Under the scheme, the ST students will be awarded a scholarship to meet the requirements for:
|Tuition Fees||full tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government/Government funded
|There will be a ceiling of Rs.2.50 lakhs per
annum per student for private sector
|@ Rs.3000/-||per annum per student without bills/vouchers|
|2200/-per month||Amount will be provided as per actuals subject to maximum ceiling 26400/- per annum.|
|Rs.45000/- One time assistance during the tenure)||Computer may be Desktop/Laptop etc.
The accessories may, interalia, include all
kind of printers, CDs/DVDs, Keyboard,
Mainboard, Motherboard, Hard Disk Drive,
Mouse, Sound adapters, Toners, Speakers,
USB Hubs/Cables, Memory Chips, Memory Card readers etc.
Documents To Be Uploaded During Application Form Filling of Fellowship
- Caste Certificate
- BPL card (if applicable)
- Post-Graduation passing certificate
- Physically Handicapped certificate (if applicable) After Selection
- Non-Judicial bond (original to be produced at the time joining)
- Certificate from Head of the Department/Institution stating that the necessary facilities will be provided by the college/University/Institution in case the candidates selected for this fellowship.
- (iii) Details about the project (Topic & Methodology etc.)
- (iii) Award letter
- (vi) Joining report 19
- (vii) Upgradation certificate (for candidates who upgraded from M.Phil to Ph.D)-if applicable
- (viii) Proof of bank account in the name of student For Disbursement of fellowship
- (i) Continuation Certificate from the Institution (quarterly)
- (ii) HRA (quarterly)
- (iii) Progress report (yearly)
Documents To Be Uploaded During Application Form Filling of Scholarship
- Domicile Certificate
- Student Photograph
- Institute verification form/Bonafied certificate
- Income certificate by competent authority (Tehsildar/Executive Magistrate/District Magistrate/ Revenue Officer etc.). Please Note that for first year self-certified income certificates (i.e not signed by a competent authority) will not be accepted.
- Caste certificate by competent authority (Tehsildar/Executive Magistrate/District Magistrate/ Revenue Officer etc.)
- Certificate of previous academic marksheet attested by Institute
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Proof of bank account in the name of student