GIFSA Merit List 2020: Government Institute of Forensic Sciences invites Applications for admission to the UG and PG Diploma courses offered by the Institute. Candidates interested in applying will be required to fill up the Application Form before the due date. The Institute will release the notification regarding the admission to B.Sc Forensic Sciences and P.G. (Diploma) in Forensic Sciences and Related Laws and P.G. (Diploma) in Digital and Cyber Forensics and Related Laws for the session 2020-2021. The Application Procedure for both the courses will be starting in the month of May 2020 and the last date for the submission of the filled up Application form will be in July 2020. GIFSA will release the Tentative General Merit List in the first week of July 2020 for both the courses.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
It should be noted that there will be no written examination conducted by the Institute and the admission will be provided solely on the basis of the marks in the qualifying examination. The List will contain the names of the candidates and the aggregate of marks on the basis of which the counselling procedure will be conducted. The merit will be prepared in the descending order. If there is a tie between two candidates, the preference will be provided to the candidate with higher subject marks, wherever applicable. For more of the details about GIFSA Merit List 2020 go through the article below.
GIFSA Admission Schedule 2020
GIFSA B.Sc. Forensic Sciences, PG (Diploma) in Forensic Sciences and Related Laws and PG (Diploma in Digital and Cyber Forensics and Related Laws Admission Schedule-
|Online Application will be available from||May 2020|
|Submission of Hard Copy of duly filled Application Form with relevant documents||June 2020|
|First Admission List (B.Sc, M.Sc Forensic Science) Merit list||June 2020|
|Display of First Admission List||July 2020|
|Admission Confirmation through payment of fees for First Admission List||July 2020|
|Display of Second Merit List for vacant seats (if any)||July 2020|
|Admission Confirmation through payment of fees for Second Admission List||July 2020|
|Display of Vacant seats (if available)||July 2020|
|Spot Admission for vacant seats||July 2020|
|Commencement of classes||July 2020|
Steps To Check The GIFSA Merit List
- Visit the official website of the GIFSA Institute. The link will be provided in the article.
- Navigate for the Admission Portal.
- The Link of the Merit List will be provided on the admission portal.
- Provide the required credentials, if asked.
- The Merit List can also be uploaded directly in the PDF format for the Degrees separately.
- Three Merit Lists will be available on the website. The candidate will be required to look for their name and other details in the list as per the Degree they applied for.
- Details regarding the Counselling procedure will also be available in the Merit List. The important dates and the day of reporting at the college for admission will also be mentioned in the list.
Contents Mentioned On The GIFSA Merit List
Candidates can go through the details mentioned on the GIFSA Merit List. Counselling will be conducted after the release of the Merit List for the final admission to the session 2020-2021.
- Name of the candidate
- Merit Point
- Best Four Physically Handicapped Status.
Preparation of GIFSA Merit List 2020
The GIFSA Merit List is prepared by the authorities of the college for admission to B.Sc and PG Diploma Program. The criteria of the admission are decided on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in their Senior Secondary Exam or equivalent. Four subjects are taken into consideration which includes one of the elective language English. The information provided by the candidate should be valid and correct, any form of misleading information will lead to the cancellation of the candidate. The Final allotment of the seat is done through the Counselling Procedure.
Courses Offered by GIFSA Admissions 2019-20
|Name of Course||Intake Capacity||Eligibility||Type|
3 Years Duration
from recognized Board
2 Year Duration
|25||Bachelors degree in Forensic Science||FT||Regular|
|PG Diploma Forensic|
1 Year Duration
|40||Bahelor degree in Science with subjects Physics / chemistry / Botony / Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Forensic Science / Biochemistry / Pharma and possesing degrees in Medical Sciences, such as, MBBS / BHMS / BAMS / BDS||FT||Regular|
|PG Diploma Cyber.|
1 Year Duration
|40||Bahelor degree in Science with subjects Computer Science/IT/BCS/BCA/MCA/B.E in Computer Science/M.Sc Computer Science/M.Sc Information Technology||FT||Regular|
Document Required At The Time Of The Admission
- Printout copy of Application Form.
- H.S. or equivalent mark sheet and certificate (one photocopy self-attested).
- Certificate or Admit card of the last qualifying exam or equivalent examination (one photocopy self-attested)
- Physically Challenged certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate.
- Colour Passport Size photo -2 numbers.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)