CIPET 2018: Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology (CIPET) offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses to the candidates interested in pursuing courses from CIPET. CIPET was established in 1968 by Government of India with the assistance of United Nations Development programme. CIPET offers Undergraduate degrees namely B.E./B.Tech. (Plastic Engineering/Technology) and B.E./B.tech.(Manufacturing Engineering/Technology) while the Postgraduate programs are namely M.E./M.Tech. (Plastic Engineering/Technology), M.Tech. (Polymer-Nano Technology), M.E. (CAD/CAM), M.Sc. M.tech (Material Science and Engineering), M.Sc. (BioPolymer science), M.Sc. (Polymer Science). CIPET accepts the score of JEE Main for admission to 4 years B.E./B.tech. Program while for the admission to Post Graduate Programs candidate will have to appear for the CIPET JEE conducted by the Institute.
- 1 Latest Update:
- 2 Important Dates:
- 3 CIPET PG Courses:
- 4 CIPET JEE Application Form 2018:
- 5 CIPET JEE Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- 6 CIPET JEE Examination Pattern 2018:
- 7 CIPET JEE Examination Syllabus 2018:
- 8 CIPET JEE Selection Procedure 2018:
- 9 CIPET JEE Admit Card 2018:
- 10 CIPET JEE Result 2018:
- 11 Reservation of the Seats:
The Last Date for the submission of CIPET JEE Application Form has been extended till 5th July 2018. Go through the revised examination schedule from the tabular format below.
The schedule of CIPET JEE 2018 has been released by the institute. Candidates are advised to go through the schedule thoroughly and should not miss on the important dates. Go through the dates we have provided of all the important events in the table below:
|Commencement of the Application Form||28th April 2018|
|Last date for the submission of the Application Form||05th July 2018|
|Last Date for the issue of Admit card||07th July 2018|
|CIPET JEE will be conducted on||08th July 2018|
|Issue of the Counselling/Admission Letter will start from||10th July 2018|
|Beginning of the new session||01st August 2018|
CIPET PG Courses:
- Diploma in Plastics Technology (DPT)
- Diploma in Plastics Mould Technology (DPMT)
- Post Diploma in Plastics Mould Design with CAD/CAM (PD-PMD with CAD/CAM)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Plastics Processing & Testing (PGD-PPT)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Plastics Testing Quality Management /Control (PGD-PTQC)
CIPET JEE Application Form 2018:
The Application Form for CIPET JEE 2018 has been released by the Institute. Candidates interested in pursuing the course from the Institute are required to fill up the form and provide the asked details. Click here for CIPET Application Form link.
CIPET form is available only in an online mode and there is no availability of them through an offline procedure. It should be noted that the information provided should be valid and correct and in case of any discrepancy, the candidature will be liable for cancellation. Candidates can go through the step by step procedure of the Application form from the points mentioned below:
Steps For Applying Online for CIPET
Step 1 Registration-
- Visit the link provided and navigate for the Registration link.
- Enter the asked details such as Name, Mobile Number, Email address.
- All fields marked with an asterisk will be mandatory to be filled by the candidate.
- After the successful Registration, the candidate will be provided with the Application Number, Username and Password which will be sent to the candidate through Email & SMS.
- The username and password should be kept with utmost care by the candidate.
Step 2 Filling up the Application Form-
- Fill up the Personal Details such as Parent’s details, Contact Address, Communication details, Academic details etc.
- Upload the required documents.
Step 3 Upload Image and Signature- Candidate will be required to upload the scanned passport size photograph, Signature images. The uploading of the images will be mandatory and the specifications are mentioned in the points below:
- Photo- 400×400 pixels, size 250 kb
- Signature- 400×300 pixels, Size 250 kb
Step 4 Payment of the Application Fee- The application fee has to be paid in an online mode. The details of the application amount are as such:
- For General, OBC, OBC (NCL) candidates: Rs.250/-
- SC/ST candidates: Rs.50/-
- candidates belonging to North-Eastern states can get the Application forms free of cost by producing their residential proof/ appropriate support documents
Step 5: Printout of the Application Form: Candidate will receive a confirmation notification regarding the successful submission of the Application Form. It is advised to take a print out of the Application form and keep it for future reference.
List of documents to be submitted along with filled in Application Form:
- Attested copy of Date of Birth certificate.
- Attested photocopies of entries qualifications (10th/Diploma/Degree certificate)
- Attested Community certificate (For SC, ST, OBC (NCL) candidates)
- Residential state proof for North Eastern State region (NER) if applicable.
CIPET JEE Eligibility Criteria 2018:
Candidates planning to appear for CIPET JEE 2018 are advised to go through the eligibility conditions as prescribed by the University. Candidates applying for Post Graduate degree need to abide by these prescribed criteria as the set and declared by the University. CIPET offers various areas of specialization in postgraduate degree and the eligibility criteria for applying to each course varies.
Go through the eligibility conditions in detail from the points below:
Diploma in Plastics Technology- 35% marks in 10th standard with Mathematics, Science and English.
Diploma in Plastics Mould Technology- 35% marks in 10th standard with Mathematics, Science and English.
Post Diploma in Plastics mould design with CAD/CAM- 3-year Diploma in Mechanical, Plastics Technology, Tool/Production/Automobile Engineering, Mechatronics, Tool & Die making, DPMT/DPT (CIPET) or equivalent.
Post Graduate Diploma in Plastics Processing & Testing- 3-year degree in science with chemistry as one of the subjects.
Post- Graduate Diploma in Plastics Testing & Quality Control- 3-year degree in science with Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Age Limit Criteria:
- Age limit will be calculated as on 31st July 2018. The Age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for applicants from SC/ST category and for candidates from North Eastern Region in the case of Diploma/Post Diploma/Postgraduate Diploma Program.
- The minimum age for joining any diploma course is 15 years on or before 31st May 2018.
CIPET JEE Examination Pattern 2018:
Candidates appearing for CIPET JEE 2018 exam to be conducted on 08th July 2018 should make themselves aware of the examination pattern of the question paper. The question paper will be prepared in such a way that the topics from General knowledge and from the concerned subjects, mainly Physics, Chemistry and English will be covered in the exam. Go through the points mentioned below for being more informed regarding the pattern of the question paper.
- The CIPET JEE paper will consist of 2 parts i.e. first is Preliminary Exam and second is the Main exam.
- The duration of the Main exam will be of 2 hours while the Preliminary exam will be conducted in 3 hours.
- There will be total 100 questions asked in the entrance exam.
- The pattern of the question paper will be of objective type. Every question will contain the option of 4 possible answers, the candidate has to tick mark the correct one out of the four options as per their knowledge and understanding.
- The questions asked will be as per the academic qualification and General Knowledge.
CIPET JEE Examination Syllabus 2018:
The syllabus of CIPET JEE question paper will include the topics related to the program that the candidate is appearing for. The syllabus of CIPET JEE 2018 will also include subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English. The Preliminary section of the question paper will contain the General Knowledge part which should also be prepared well by the candidates appearing for the exam.
CIPET JEE Selection Procedure 2018:
The exam of CIPET JEE is conducted for providing admission to Post Graduate, Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma courses offered by the Institute. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam in order to acquire seats in their preferred course.
- Admission to CIPET will be done through CIPET JEE conducted by the Institute to the Post Graduate, Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma courses. The entrance exam is conducted at selected places on all India basis.
- Candidates will be provided with the choice of the course based on the academic record and performance in JEE Main exam.
- The Provisional admission will be cancelled for the candidate not accepting the allotment of the seats within the stipulated time as mentioned in the call letter sent by the Institute.
- The waiting list will be operated to fill up the vacancies on the seats for which the candidates have not reserved the admission.
CIPET JEE Admit Card 2018:
The Admit card of CIPET JEE 2018 will be available on the official website. CIPET Admit card will be available for download from 30th June 2018. The Admit card is a mandatory document which is required to be presented on the day of the exam along with other required documents. The document contains all the required information as per necessary on the day of the exam. For more of the details of CIPET Admit card go through the details mentioned below:
Steps for Downloading CIPET Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of the institute and navigate for the admit card link.
- Click on the link and there will be the page of Login credentials.
- Candidate will be required to provide the User Name and Password as per generated at the time of the Registration in the Login Details.
- The Admit card with all the required details will appear on the screen.
- The Admit card displaying on the screen should be saved and downloaded by the candidate and is suppose to kept carefully till the admission procedure is over.
Contents Mentioned on the Admit Card:
- Name of the candidate
- Name of the exam
- The timing of the exam
- Address of the examination centre.
- Reporting time
- Application Number
- Roll Number
- Instructions for the candidates to follow on the day of the exam.
CIPET JEE Result 2018:
The Result of CIPET JEE 2018 will be released online by the examination conducting body of the Institute. The selection of the course will be done on the basis of the academic qualification and the performance of the candidate in the Joint Entrance examination. Once the candidate qualifies the entrance exam, she/he will be able to proceed with the admission procedure further. The result can be checked through the direct Result link which will be available here.
Steps for downloading the Result:
- Visit the official website of CIPET and navigate for the Result link
- Find the result link and click on it.
- The page demanding the Login credentials will appear on the screen.
- Candidates will be required to enter their Registration Number in the given space.
- Click on the submit button.
- The result will appear on the screen with marks and status of the result.
- Save the result, take a printout of the result and keep it safely for future references.
Reservation of the Seats:
Students before applying for the entrance exam can go through the percentage of seats which are being offered by the Institute under the program they are applying for. The selection of the candidates will be done as per the category-wise reservation. Go through the points below for knowing the percentage of seats allotted to each category:
- SC Category: 15%
- ST category: 7.5%
- Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer): 27%
- Physically challenged: 3% (Horizontal reservation for Physically challenged candidates cutting across all sections including SC/ST and the Other Backward Classes and the Non reserved category).
- General: 47.5%