Bihar Nurses Registration Council (BNRC) conducts the Bihar GNM Admission 2020 to enroll students for the nursing training program. Nursing is a profession within the health care sector focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities. The candidates interested in the program will have to submit the application form positively. Therefore, the trained nurses help ailing patients so that they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life. The General Nursing and Midwifery course is a 3-year Diploma level course. The course aims at training the nurses into general aspects of nursing and maternity-related knowledge. The GNM qualified nurses are efficient in providing quality care to the patients. Therefore, in this article, we will be focussing on all the essential details regarding the Bihar GNM Admission 2020.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Bihar GNM 2020 Application will be released soon via online mode. The form has been delayed due to COVID-19.
Bihar GNM Admission 2020
The Bihar Nurses Registration Council is the main conducting body which is responsible for offering GNM and other Nursing courses in the state of Bihar. Therefore, candidates aspiring for Bihar GNM Admission 2020 need to regularly visit the official website for any admission related queries. The admission into the nursing course in Bihar is done on the basis of the merit list. The council members of BNRC will release the Bihar GNM merit list on its official website. So, the candidates need to regularly visit the official website in order to apply for the General Nursing and Midwifery course in Bihar.
Bihar GNM 2020 Important Dates
The officials will soon release the exact dates of Bihar GNM 2020 on their website. Candidates need to verify the dates from the official website before filling the online application form. But we have given a tentative date the list of important events for the Bihar GNM course 2020. The important information related to the important events and tentative dates is mentioned below for the reference of the applicants.
|Starting Date of Online Form||– To be Announced –|
|Closing Date of Online Form||– To be Announced –|
|Application Form Correction||– To be Announced –|
|First Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Provisional Merit List||– To be Announced –|
|Admission of the First Merit List Candidates||– Coming Soon –|
|Second Merit List, if any||– Coming Soon –|
|Mop-up Round||– Coming Soon –|
|Commencement of the Course||–|
Check – Goa ANM 2020 Application Form
Bihar GNM Application Form 2020
The Nursing Council of Bihar releases the Online application form for enrolling students in the GNM nursing course in Bihar. The application form will be available on the official website and candidates need to fill the form. The Bihar GNM Application Form can be given only in online mode. There is no provision for any other mode of filling the application form. Once the application form is available on the official website, the candidates will be notified here as well as on the official website. The admission into the Bihar GNM nursing course is totally on the basis of the merit list. The council prepares a merit list of the eligible candidates on the basis of class 12th HSE exam or any other previous qualifying exam. Therefore, it is very important to secure good marks in class 12th in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
How to Fill GNM Online Application Form 2020
- Visit the official website of Bihar Nurses Registration Council (www.bnrcpatna.com)
- Then click on the link of the application form.
- Download the Prospectus of Bihar GNM 2020
- Go through the instructions given in the prospectus carefully before starting to fill in the application form.
- Provide correct E-mail ID and Phone Number. This is because all the latest notifications will be sent to your registered number and mail id.
- Make sure that you submit correct details such as your Name, Educational Qualifications, etc. Providing wrong information can get your application form rejected.
- Upload photograph, signature, and documents as per the specifications.
- Make sure that you fill and submit the Online GNM Nursing Application Form 2019 before the closing date.
Now after submitting all the details on the Application Form, now proceed to make payment of the application form. The mode of making the payment of the application form is online through Internet Banking/Credit/Debit Card. Also, the application fee once paid will not be refunded. The Bihar GNM Application Fees is
- Unreserved Category – Rs. 750/-
- Reserved Category- Rs. 200/-
GNM 2020 Eligibility
The Nursing Council of Bihar takes the admission for different GNM and other paramedical courses. However, the state nursing council functions under the guidelines of the Indian Nursing Council, which is the main governing body. The council lays a few important eligibility criteria for Bihar GNM admission 2020. We have given the few eligibility criteria which are necessary for applying for the course-
- Minimum and Maximum age for admission will be 17 and 35 years. There is no age bar for ANM/LHV.
- Minimum education:
- 10+2 class passed preferably Science (PCB) & English with an aggregate of 40% marks.
- 10+2 in Arts (Mathematics, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy).
- Also, English Core/English Elective or Health care Science. Vocational stream ONLY, passing out from recognized Board under AISSCE/CBSE/ICSE/SSCE/HSCE or other equivalent Board with 40% marks.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with State Nursing Registration Council.
- The student should be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examinations or Health care Science. Vocational stream ONLY conducted by the National Institute of Open School with 40% marks.
- Students shall be admitted only once in a year.
Bihar GNM Course Curriculum
General Nursing and Midwifery is a 3-year course, including the internship. The Indian Nursing Council decides the course curriculum and syllabus of various nursing and diploma courses. Then we have the state nursing councils of respective states which conduct the semester examinations. The Bihar GNM Syllabus is available on the official website of the BNRC. Candidates can check the details of the syllabus and download the pdf of the GNM syllabus. However, in this section, we have given a brief description of the course. The table below gives the topic wise syllabus of all the three years of GNM course
|S.No.||First Year||Second Year||Third Year|
|1.||Anatomy and Physiology||Medical-Surgical Nursing 1 (Including Pharmacology)||Midwifery and Gynaecology|
|2.||Behavioral Science||Medical-Surgical Nursing 2 (Speciality)||Community Health Nursing II|
|3.||Fundamentals of Nursing||Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing||Paediatric Nursing|
|4.||Community Health and Nursing||Computer Education||Education Methods & Media for teaching in practice of Nursing|
|5.||—||—||Professional Trends & Adjustment|
|6.||—||—||Administration and Ward Management|
|7.||—||—||Introduction to Research|
Bihar GNM Merit List/ Result 2020
There is no entrance exam for the admission into Bihar GNM Course. The selection of the candidates takes place on the basis of the marks of the previous qualifying examination. The final results will be updated on the official website of the university for the reference of the applicants. Therefore, the candidates can download the final merit list from the official website. We will soon update the dates for the release of the Bihar GNM Admission List 2020 here as soon as the official dates are out on the website. The merit list is prepared on the basis of class 12th marks. The candidates whose names appear in the final merit list are eligible to sit for the counseling. BNRC conducts the counseling and final admission of the candidates. The merit list basically contains the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Application No./ Roll No.
- Final Score of the Candidate
- Overall Rank
- Category Rank
Therefore, the candidates can easily check the merit list/ result pdf from the official website as well as from our article.
Bihar GNM Counseling 2020
Counseling is the final step in the process of admission. The Bihar GNM counseling 2020 happens after the official release of the merit list. Candidates who are eligible for the admission and whose names are listed in the merit list can sit for the counseling round. The officials and the council members verify the original documents of the candidate. Therefore, it is very important for the candidates to produce essential documents during the time of counseling. The final admission into the course is subject to proper verification of the original document. Bihar GNM Admission Call Letter displays the name of the candidate, date and time of the counseling, venue of the counseling. Therefore, it is very important for the candidates to reach the venue on the given date and time. The physical presence of the candidates is compulsory for getting admission into the course.
Bihar GNM 2020 Important Information
|Course||General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM)|
|Conducting Body||Bihar Nurses Registration Council|
|Selection Criteria||Merit List|
|Contact Details||Address- Bihar Nurses Registration Council Patna|
Room No 330 “A”,3rd Floor
Vikas Bhawan New Secretariat
Bailey Road, Bihar 800015Phone No- 0612-2215001Email- [email protected]Official Website- bssb.bih.nic.in