AP POLYCET 2018: SBTET has announced the dates for Application Form as well as Exam on Jan 10th, 2018. AP POLYCET Application Form 2018 will be available from 19th March 2018. AP POLYCET is a state level entrance examination conducted in the state of Andhra Pradesh for admissions into various private and government polytechnic colleges. The common entrance exam for polytechnic courses is coordinated by the State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET) across Andhra Pradesh.
The exam is crucial for all those who aspire to get admissions into the Polytechnic Diploma courses like Technical, engineering and non-engineering streams. The notification for AP POLYCET 2018 and the application form shall be available on the official website of SBTET www.appolycet.nic.in .
The application process shall be online. The official dates for AP POLYCET exam have been declared. The online application will begin on 19th March 2018 and would last until 13th April 2018. The exam will be held on 28th April 2018. This site shall keep you updated regarding the AP POLYCET 2018 notification.
- 1 AP Polycet Date 2018
- 2 AP Polycet Result 2018
- 3 Declaration of AP Polycet Result 2018 and How To Download Rank Card
- 4 AP Polycet 2018 Admission/Counselling Process
- 5 AP Polycet Eligibility Criteria 2018
- 6 Application Form For AP POLYCET 2018
- 7 AP Polycet Application Procedure 2018
- 8 Exam Pattern And Syllabus For AP POLYCET 2018
- 9 Hall Ticket For AP POLYCET 2018
- 10 Various Diploma Courses Offered By Polytechnic Institutes In Andhra Pradesh And Telangana Through AP POLYCET 2018
- 11 Original Certificates To Be Produced At The Time Of Counselling Of AP POLYCET 2018 Are
- 12 Reservation Of Seats For AP POLYCET 2018
- 13 Fee Structure For Admission Into Government/Aided And Private Polytechnic Institutes Through AP POLYCET 2018
AP Polycet Date 2018
The important dates for AP POLYCET 2018 are given in the table below:
|Sale of Application Form Date||19th March 2018 (announced)|
|Last Date of Application Form||13th April 2018 (up to 10:00 AM) (announced)|
|AP Polycet Exam Date||28th April 2018 (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) (announced)|
|Result Announcement||10th May 2018 (tentative)|
|OMR sheet released||12th May 2018(tentative)|
|Certificate verification begins||30th May 2018 (tentative)|
|Exercising option starts||2nd June 2018 (tentative)|
|Second counselling||28th & 29th June 2018 (tentative)|
|Final counselling||12th & 13th July 2018 (tentative)|
AP Polycet Result 2018
- Candidates obtaining a minimum of 30% i.e 36 marks in the entrance exam shall be considered pass.
- They will be assigned a rank based on the marks obtained and the rank shall determine the course and institute they can seek admission in.
- Students belonging to SC/ST categories will be assigned a rank even if they don’t score a minimum of 30% in the entrance.
Declaration of AP Polycet Result 2018 and How To Download Rank Card
- The results will be declared within fifteen days from the date of the entrance exam.
- The rank cards will be available within a week from the declaration of results.
- The Candidates can download rank card from https://polycetap.nic.in or www.sbtetap.gov.in or from any helpline center or otherwise can contact the coordinator of any helpline center for any further assistance.
If there is a tie in the in the entrance i.e. two or more candidates score the same marks, it shall be resolved as follows:
- The marks of the following subjects shall be considered for ranking and in the following order of priority:
i.Mathematics ii.Physics iii.Date of birth
- In case of Date of birth, candidates born earlier as per the birthdate in the SSC certificate will be given priority.
- In case the tie is still not resolved, the candidate who has secured higher percentage of marks in the qualifying test will be considered to have obtained a better rank.
AP Polycet 2018 Admission/Counselling Process
Soon after the declaration of result of AP POLYCET 2018, notification shall be released on the website www.appolycet.nic.in regarding details of web based counselling and venues for certificate verification and option entry.
The detailed programme with the ranks of the candidates called on each day for counselling will also be published in daily Newspapers in English / Telugu / Urdu having wide publicity.
The web based counselling and certificate verification for AP POLYCET 2018 shall include the following activities:
- Candidates called on each day for counseling shall attend with all original certificates and documents for verification at any one of the designated venues.
- Candidates shall have to prepare a set of all possible college-course combinations (called OPTIONS) they wish to join in consultation with their parents, teachers, and friends in the manual option form supplied.
- The order of options so prepared is to be entered in the web by login through a generated password.
- Allotment of seats will be based on a computer program considering the merit of the candidate in all possible reservation categories of a candidate and the best possible seats among the eligible options will be allotted.
- Candidates shall download the allotment order and challan for payment of fee through any branch of the designated banks.
- Candidates shall report at the allotted college along with the allotment order and fee paid challan within the prescribed time.
AP Polycet Eligibility Criteria 2018
Please go through the eligibility conditions for AP POLYCET 2018 before proceeding to fill the application form. Candidates not meeting the minimum eligibility conditions shall not be considered for admission even though the examination is cleared.
The eligibility conditions for AP POLYCET 2018 are :
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidate should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates should have passed S.S.C. Examination or any equivalent conducted by the following recognized boards of education:
- State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana
- Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE),
- Indian Council for Secondary Education(ICSE),
- National Institute of Open School (NIOS), A.P. Open School Society (APOSS),
- X class examination conducted by various State Boards of Secondary Education in India with Mathematics as one of the subjects, and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to NIOS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/OTHER Examinations recognized as equivalent to SSC by A.P. Govt. SHOULD HAVE PASSED ALL THE SUBJECTS including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum of 35% Marks in each subject.
- Candidates who appeared or are appearing for SSC or equivalent examination held in March/April-2018, and whose results are yet to be declared can also appear for POLYCET-2018.
- There is no age restriction for appearing for POLYCET-2017.
- Candidates admitted in the following State Wide Institutions are eligible for Multi-Point Entry and Credit System (MPEC):
- Govt. Institute of Printing Technology, Secunderabad.
- Govt. Institute of Leather Technology, Hyderabad.
- Govt. Institute of Ceramic Technology, Gudur, Nellore Dist.
- Govt. Institute of Textile Technology, Guntur.
- Govt. Institute of Electronics, Secunderabad.
- Candidates who qualified POLYCET–2018 and have passed 10 + 2, 10 + ITI, 10 + Intermediate (Vocational) or 3-year Degree Courses in Sciences are MPEC.
(NOTE: For admissions into the Diploma Courses like Hotel Management and Catering Technology, D. Pharmacy, the entry qualification is 10 + 2 or 12th Standard, these candidates need not appear POLYCET – 2017 for admission into the said courses. A separate notification will be issued for admission to the said Diploma Courses.)
Application Form For AP POLYCET 2018
The online application process for AP POLYCET 2018 will begin on 19th March 2018 and the last date to fill it is 13th April 2018.
For the convenience of the candidate ONLINE filling of application for POLYCET-2018 is facilitated by the SBTET, A.P. Vijayawada.
Student can approach any of the nearest meeseva/Help line centers (Polytechnics).
List of APOnline centers and examination centres can be seen from https://www.polycetap.nic.in or http://sbtetap.gov.in or http://aponline.gov.in .
The AP POLYCET 2018 application form can be downloaded online from the website https://www.polycetap.nic.in or http://sbtetap.gov.in or http://aponline.gov.in or received from the nearest helpline centres.
AP Polycet Application Procedure 2018
Filling The Application Form
- Candidates are required to fill the hard copy of the application form and hand it over to the computer operator at the helpline centre. The following details need to be filled in the application form:
- First fill the 10th Class Hall ticket No., Year of passing and Date of Birth.
- Fill your name as per school records with one letter for each box. Leave a gap between parts of your name.
- Fill your father’s name
- Fill in your date of birth in DD MM YYYY [Date /Month/Year] format.
- Fill in your address details (House number, Village/street, Mandal /town/city, District, PIN code, mobile number for correspondence.
- Fill in the place where you would like to appear for Examination.
- Enter the area code to which you are local to Andhra Pradesh.
- Enter your reservation category (BC/SC/ST)
- Enter your special category, if any (CAP/SP/PH/NCC).
- Fill in minority community details (Other than Hindu) as entered in your school records.
- Fill in your willingness to appear the examination in Urdu medium. Examination in Urdu medium will be conducted only at Guntur and Nandyal centers.
- Sign the declaration with regard to your physical fitness to pursue the polytechnic courses.
- Affix a recent passport size photograph on the application form.
- Do not staple the photograph or sign on it.
Pay The Application Fee
- The filled in application form with photograph affixed and duly signed by Parent/Guardian should be submitted to the computer operator at the nearest Meeseva/Help Line center with a cash payment of Rs 350/-.
Receive The Hall Ticket
- The operator at the help line center enters the data given in the APPLICATION form and uploads the photo and signatures after scanning and gives a print out to the student for verification. If the student is satisfied with the data entered, operator presses the Confirm button and issues the hall ticket.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus For AP POLYCET 2018
- Date: 28th April 2018
- Duration: 2 hours
- Time: 11 am to 1 pm
- Total Number of questions: 120
- Total Marks: 120
- Negative marking: none
AP POLYCET 2018 question paper shall have MCQs from MATHEMATICS, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY as per the syllabus of Class X (S.S.C.) Examination March / April, 2018 as prescribed by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh.
Each question shall have four options as answer and only one shall be the correct response.
The subject wise division of questions in the exam is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Mathematics (Section A)||60 (Q.1 to 60)||60|
|Physics (Section B)||30 (Q.61 to 90)||30|
|Chemistry (Section C)||30 (Q.91 to 120)||30|
Hall Ticket For AP POLYCET 2018
Hall ticket is an important document for the candidates seeking admission into polytechnic courses through AP POLYCET 2018. It must be retained until the end of the admission procedure, failing of which may lead to to cancellation of candidature.
Candidates shall be allowed to appear for the examination at the designated centre only on the production of the hall ticket.
The hall ticket is issued immediately by the computer operator at the helpline centre during the time of submission of application form.
- The computer operator at the helpline centre enters the date given in the application form and scans the photograph and signatures.
- The operator then gives a printout to the candidate for verification .
- If the student is satisfied with the data entered, operator presses the Confirm button, and generates the hall ticket and issues the same to the student.
- Please check the hall ticket issued to you thoroughly and correct it immediately if any mistake occurs.
NOTE: The candidates have to note that printing of Hall tickets immediately may not be possible on the last few days, as heavy rush is usual. Hence they are advised to file the application early.
In case hall ticket is not received immediately, the candidate can download it from http://apceep.nic.in or visit nearby helpdesk centre after two to three days.
Various Diploma Courses Offered By Polytechnic Institutes In Andhra Pradesh And Telangana Through AP POLYCET 2018
For the purpose of admissions, institutions offering diploma programmes are classified into regional institutions and state-wide institutions.
Courses of 3 years duration (for both AP and Telangana):
|S. no.||Name of Diploma Course|
|5||Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|6||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|7||Applied Electronics and Instrumentation|
|11||Chemical Engineering (Sugar Technology)|
|12||Commercial and computer practice|
Courses of 3.5 years duration (for both AP and Telangana)
|17||Chemical Engineering (Sandwich)|
Courses of 3 years duration (only for AP)
|18||Refrigeration and air conditioning|
Courses of 3.5 years duration (only for AP)
|21||Chemical Engineering (Oil Tech.) SW|
|22||Chemical Engineering (Petrochemicals) SW|
|23||Chemical Engineering (Plastics and Polymers) SW|
|24||Ceramic Engineering and Technology SW|
Courses of 3 years duration (only for Telangana)
|25||Packaging Technology SW|
|26||Printing Technology SW|
|27||Packaging and Printing Technology|
|28||Craft Technology SW|
|29||Home Science SW|
Courses of 3.5 years duration (only for Telangana)
|30||Computer Engineering SW|
|31||Embedded Systems SW|
|32||Electronics & communication Engg (Sandwich) SW|
|33||Industrial Electronics (sandwich pattern) SW|
|34||Electronics and video Engineering SW|
|35||Leather Technology SW|
|36||Footwear Technology SW|
SW stands for State Wide
Original Certificates To Be Produced At The Time Of Counselling Of AP POLYCET 2018 Are
- Memo of Marks of SSC or its equivalent Examination.
- Community Certificate from Revenue Authorities in respect of BC, SC and ST candidates.
- Certificate showing the Date of Birth.
- POLYCET-2017 Hall ticket and Rank Card.
- Certificate of study for the entire period of education from Class IV to X.
- In respect of candidates who appeared for the qualifying examination privately, without schooling, a Certificate of Residence has to be produced.
- In case of candidates who are not local to any one of the University area, a Certificate from the Revenue Officer for a total period 10 years of residence.
- In case of candidates who are not Local to any one of the University areas, a certificate from the employer with whom the parents or the spouse of the candidate are employed.
- The Medical Certificate issued by State/District Medical Board in case of Physical handicapped candidate.
- Certificate issued by competent authority in case of NCC Candidates.
- Participation Certificate in International Youth Exchange Programme, Republic day Parade at Delhi, State level competition, if any.
- Parent’s discharge certificate from service in case of Children of Armed Personnel (CAP) and Service Certificate in case of serving personnel from competent authority.
- Games and Sports Certificate (Original) issued by various organizations constituted by State/Central Government to conduct tournaments at various levels (to be countersigned by the Headmaster of the School / D.E.O.).
- Conduct Certificate from Head of the Institution where last studied.
- Original Transfer Certificate.
- Physical Fitness Certificate from any Doctor not below the rank of Civil Asst. Surgeon.
- Income Certificate issued by Mandal Revenue Officer in 2017.
- Minority Community certificate issued by the Headmaster.
NOTE: The format for various certificates can be found in the AP POLYCET 2018 Booklet.
Reservation Of Seats For AP POLYCET 2018
85% of the seats are reserved for Candidates belonging to the three University areas namely (1) Andhra University Area, (2) Osmania University Area and (3) Sri Venkateswara University Area and the rest 15% are for local and non-local candidates of AP and Telangana.
The following percentage of seats are reserved in each of the categories:
|OC (open competition)||50%|
|SC (Scheduled caste)||15%|
|ST (schedule Tribe)||6%|
|BC (backward classes)||29%|
|NCC (national cadet corps)||1%|
|PH (Physically Handicapped)||3%|
|CAP (Children Of Armed Personnel)||2%|
Fee Structure For Admission Into Government/Aided And Private Polytechnic Institutes Through AP POLYCET 2018
|FEE PARTICULARS||GOVT/AIDED POLYS (in Rs.)||PRIVATE(in Rs.)|
|Course Work Fee||200|
|Laboratory & Workshop Fee||600|
|Library Non-Refundable Fee||300|
|Syllabus Book Fee||50||50|
|Board Recognition Fee||250||250|
|Alumni Fee (only at time of admission)||100||100|
That’s an overview of all the aspects of the AP POLYTECH 2018 for admissions into various polytechnique diplomas in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Keep Visiting our website for latest updates and information.
For any questions, write on the comments section below.