AP EAMCET stands for Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test, which is taken by the students of Andhra Pradesh. The eligibility of AP EAMCET covers all the requirements that the candidates need to fulfill, to sit for the exam. It includes certain defined parameters based on educational qualification, age, domicile, and nationality. The admission forms for the exam will be released in the 2nd week of February 2018 and students must make sure that they fit into all the eligibility criteria before filling up the AP EAMCET 2018 Application Form.
Eligibility Criteria For AP EAMCET 2018 Exam
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian National, a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Age Limit: the applicant must be more than 17 years of age as on 31st December 2018. The upper age limit for all the non-reserved categories is 22 whereas the upper age limit for SC/ST candidates is 25 years.
- Domicile: Candidate must be a domicile of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana. They should satisfy the status and non-local status requirements as laid down by the state of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana.
- Academic qualification: candidate must have for appeared or passed in the 12th board examination from a state board or University with mathematics, physics, and chemistry as related/vocational courses in the field of engineering.
- Candidates must also have scored an aggregate of 45% in the qualifying examination in the specified subjects. Applicants belonging to the SC/ST category are given a relaxation of 5 percent, making it 40% for these two reserved categories.
Educational Criteria for AP EAMCET 2018
- B. Sc (Agr) – Agriculture, Biological or Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Vocational course.
- B. Sc (Hort) – Agriculture, Biological or Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Vocational course.
- B. V. Sc. and A.H – Biological Sciences or Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Vocational courses in Veterinary Sciences.
- B.F.SC – Biological Sciences or Natural Sciences, Physical Sciences, Vocational courses in Fishery Sciences.
- B.Tech (FS & T) – Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences or Natural Sciences.
- B. Pharmacy and Pharm. D – Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences or Natural Sciences.
- For Pharm D course– The candidate should have passed/ appeared in class 12th exam, should have studied Biology, Physics and Chemistry and should have completed at least 16 years of age.
- For Bio – technology course – The candidate should have passed/ appeared in class 12th examination , should have studied Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics.
- For Pharm D course – The candidate should have passed/ appeared in class 12th examination and should have passed or appeared in the final year of Diploma in Pharmacy course, should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
Some Important Points In The AP EAMCET 2018
- Candidates who have qualified the final year of diploma examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed out from the state board of Telangana / Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates appearing for their 12th class examination are also eligible to apply.