Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is one of the oldest premier universities in India. It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Diploma courses in the field of engineering, medical, management, law, architecture, humanities & arts, and many others. There shall be no separate entrance exam conducted by AMU for Medical courses. The scores of NEET shall be considered for admission. However, one must fill the application form online for admission into those courses at AMU.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Selection of candidates for admission into the different courses shall be decided by the score of the candidates in the Admission test. For some courses, the Admission test shall be followed by an interview/Group Discussion round.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Aligarh Muslim University has announced the dates of the examination for AMU 2019 conducted for the admission to various courses. Find the important dates from the tabular format below:
|Name of the course||Test Date||Schedule Start|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)/B.Com||07.04.2019||10 a.m.|
|B.A. (Hons.)||07.04.2019||4.00 pm|
|S.S.S.C. (Science Stream)/Diploma in Engineering||21.04.2019||10.00 a.m.|
|S.S.S.C. (Humanities & Commerce Stream)||21.04.2019||4.00 pm|
|M.B.A./M.B.A. (I.B.)/P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking and Finance||26.05.2019||10.00 am|
|B.A. LLB||26.05.2019||10.00 am|
Eligibility Criteria for Various Courses Offered by AMU
In order to be offered an admission into the various courses offered by AMU, it is mandatory that you meet the minimum eligibility condition for the particular course you wish to apply for.
The minimum Eligibility Criteria for some of the main courses are discussed in the table below.
AMUEEE (B.Tech) & B.Arch
Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination from AMU or an equivalent examination from a recognized state/central board.
Subjects: The qualifying examination should be passed with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subjects.
Minimum Marks: Secure a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam.
Diploma Holders: Students who have completed diploma in engineering from this University with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks are also eligible to apply.
Qualifying Exam: The qualification required to apply for MBA programme is bachelor’s degree passed in any discipline.
Minimum Marks: Score a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in above exam.
Qualifying Exam: Pass B. Tech. / B. Arch. / B.E. with minimum aggregate of 55% marks.
Diploma in Engineering
Qualifying Exam: Must have passed Secondary School Certificate of this University or an equivalent examination with English, Science and Mathematics by securing a minimum 45% aggregate marks.
Qualifying Exam: 12th or its equivalent passed with PCB with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Age Limit: Age should not be less than 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Qualifying Exam: Students who have completed Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% aggregate marks are eligible for this course.
Maximum Age Limit: 22 years as on 1st July of the year of admission.
M.A. (Mass Communication)
Qualifying Exam: Prescribed qualification for this course is graduation.
Minimum Marks: Passed with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
Qualifying Exam: Minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree studied in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Agriculture & Veterinary Sciences.
|Qualifying Exam: The qualifying examination for this course is LL.B./B.A.LL.B. passed from AMU or any other equivalent University.|
Minimum Marks: Pass the above exam with a minimum of 55% marks.
Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery
|Qualifying Exam: Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination passed from this University or an equivalent examination.|
Minimum Marks: Passed the qualifying exam with not less than 40% marks in aggregate of any one (Science/Arts Stream with English Core/English Elective or Health care Science – Vocational stream only or Vocational ANM).
Age Limit:Age should be in between 17-35 years as on 1st September of the year of admission. No age criteria for ANM registered candidates.
Qualifying Exam: Prerequisite qualification is Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination passed with commerce stream with a minimum 55% marks in aggregate of English, Accounts and any two of the subjects from Economics, Business Studies, Business Organization, Commerce, Banking, Entrepreneurship, Mathematics & Statistics.
Qualifying Exam: Minimum qualification requirement is Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination.
Minimum Marks: Passed with at least 50% aggregate marks.
Subjects: Pass the above exam in English and three subjects from Accountancy, Arabic, Banking,Biology, Biotechnology, Business Organization, Business Studies, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science, Economics, Education, English, Fine Arts, Geography, Hindi, History, Home Science, Islamic Studies, Mathematics, Persian, Philosophy, Physical Health Education, Physics, Political Science /Civics, Psychology, Sanskrit, Sociology, Statistics, Urdu and Modern Indian Languages (Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi and Kashmiri).
Qualifying Exam:Pass Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination.
Minimum Marks:Pass the above examination with 55% aggregate marks.
Subjects:Pass the examination in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
Application Form for AMU Admissions
Filling the Online Application Form is the first important step towards the admission process into various courses of AMU. Please make sure that you complete the Application Process within the stipulated time. Failure of submission of the form within the given time shall lead to cancellation of candidature. Please read the above mentioned eligibility criteria once before going to fill up the application form. We elaborate the important steps pertaining to the application procedure below.
Step 1: On the page appeared on the screen, Click on “Register (New User)” option.
Step 2: Enter the details like Name, Password, User name and Email-ID.
Step 3: Fill in the application form by entering the details like academic qualification and communication address etc
Step 4: Upload the scanned images of Photograph, Signature and Left hand thumb Impression as per the specification.
Step 5: Payment of application fee (Application fee must be paid via online by using the Debit card , Credit Card and Net banking.
Step 6: Submission and printout of application form.
|Left Thumb Impression||(5-40 KB)||(3.5×1.5)cm||JPG/JPEG|
NOTE: To know more on how to apply for AMU 2019 in detail, Click Here
Admit Cards for AMU Admission Test
The admit card is an important document indicating your candidature for the admission test. It shall contain all the relevant information pertaining to you and the test. You must not fail to carry it to the allotted examination centre on the day of the exam. Download your admit card and take a print out and paste a recent passport size colour photograph in the space provided. It is advised that in case of any discrepancy found in the admit card, you contact immediately the Office concerned where you have submitted your Application Form.
Exam Pattern for AMU Admission Test
The exam pattern for the tests shall vary with the course you have applied for. The exam shall be objective type for most of the courses. However, some courses may include descriptive questions along with the objective questions. Candidates should note that the below mentioned is the last year’s exam pattern. We will update the latest changes in the exam pattern, if introduced.
Exam Pattern and contents of some of the exams are detailed below:
Indo-Islamic Culture and Aligarh Movement
General Awareness and Current Affairs
Reasoning and Intelligence
Elementary Mathematics & Statistics
Reasoning & Numerical Ability
MBA/MBA (IB)/PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance
Quantitative and Numerical Ability
Comprehension and Verbal
Reasoning and Intelligence
Data Analysis and Interpretation
Current Educational Affairs
Current Affairs/General Knowledge (with emphasis on legal issues)
Reasoning and Aptitude
Diploma in Engineering
Science (Physics and Chemistry)
S.S.S.C (Science Stream)
Science (Physics, Chemistry and Life Science)
S.S.S.C (Commerce/Humanities Stream)
Social Studies (Civics, Economics, History and Geography)
Results for AMU Admission Test
The names of the candidates shortlisted for Interview/ Group Discussion /Counselling and the lists of those selected/counselling for admission will be displayed on the Notice Boards of the concerned Faculty/ College/Centre/Proctor’s Office/Controller’s website.
Candidates shortlisted for interview/GD must report at the designated venue at the designated time without fail. It shall be his/her sole responsibility to keep up with the updates.
The University may issue or display ‘Waiting List/Chance Memo List’ in addition to the list of selected candidates. Chance Memo is not an offer of admission but is issued only in case there is a likelihood of a vacancy due to any reason. Waiting List/Chance Memo list, if any, shall be displayed on the notice boards of the concerned Faculty / College / Centre / Proctor’s Office / Controller’s website.
Admission Procedure of AMU
The candidates selected for admissions into various courses must report on the day of admission at the designated venue with all his/her original documents. They must have to get their documents verified and pay the course fees in order to confirm their admission.
Check here for the AMU 2019 Counselling.
Some important aspects of the AMU admission process are discussed below:
- Selected candidates shall be allotted Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization on merit as per their preference indicated in the Application Form. A candidate who has been selected for a higher preference will have no claim for lower preferences.
- A candidate provisionally admitted to a Course/Branch/Main Subject/Stream/ Specialization shall be upgraded automatically, on merit, to another Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization of higher preference if a vacancy arises after the admission process is completed. They may retain the previously allotted seat if they wish to.
- Selected candidates shall not be allowed to complete admission formalities in absentia. Candidate not reporting for admission on the stipulated date and time shall forfeit his/her claim for admission.
- If seats remain vacant after the completion of admissions, candidates whose names are listed in the chance memo list shall be allowed to fill them only if they report on the specified date and time. The admission shall be given strictly in the order of Chance Memo number.
- The Admission Charges payable for the concerned course of study along with the following Original Documents are required at the time of completion of admission:
- Marks sheet/grade sheet of qualifying examination (with FOUR Self attested photocopies)
- Transfer / Migration and Character Certificate from the Institution last attended (if not enrolled at AMU). If the Certificate(s) is/are not available, give an undertaking on prescribed format to submit the same within the given time.
- High School Certificate or its equivalent in support of the date of birth.
- FIVE (2.5 x 3.0 cms) recent front-facing colour photographs (in white background).
- Certificates in support of Special Categories claimed in the Application Form.
- Leave Sanction / Relieving Order from the employer for the entire duration of the course, if employed.
- Name Removal Certificate from the rolls of the concerned Faculty / College / Unit (if already enrolled in any full-time course of study at AMU).
- FOUR Self-addressed envelopes bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22.00 each (to be submitted in the Office of the Provost of Hall of Residence / NRSC allotted).
- Two Oath Commissioner’s Affidavit on plain paper – one on your behalf and the other on behalf of your parents/guardian regarding not to indulge in ragging.
- Latest Certificate of vaccination for Typhoid, Cholera and Hepatitis “B” –(applicable only for Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course).
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or questions. We shall get back to you at the earliest.