Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) which is one of the oldest premier universities of India conducts admission tests for selecting candidates in various courses offered by the university. AMU offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Diploma courses in the field of engineering, medical, management, law, architecture, humanities & arts, and many others.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The AMU 2019 General Admissions in the various courses offered by the university is decided by the scores of the candidates in the entrance examination which might also be followed by an interview for some courses.
The Counselling Procedure for General Admissions in AMU
Aligarh Muslim University has announced the Result of General Admission Test. The Merit list also consists of the details of the Counselling of the courses and the documents which will be required at the time of Final Admission. The candidates selected for admissions into various courses must report on the day of admission at the designated venue with all his/her original documents. They must have to get their documents verified and pay the course fees in order to confirm their admission.
Some important aspects of the AMU admission process are discussed below:
- Selected candidates shall be allotted Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization on merit as per their preference indicated in the Application Form. A candidate who has been selected for a higher preference will have no claim for lower preferences.
- A candidate provisionally admitted to a Course/Branch/Main Subject/Stream/ Specialization shall be upgraded automatically, on merit, to another Course/ Branch/ Main Subject/ Stream/ Specialization of higher preference if a vacancy arises after the admission process is completed. They may retain the previously allotted seat if they wish to.
- Marks sheet / grade sheet of qualifying examination (with FOUR Self attested photocopies)
- Transfer / Migration and Character Certificate from the Institution last attended (if not enrolled at AMU). If the Certificate(s) is/are not available, give an undertaking on prescribed format to submit the same within the given time.
- High School Certificate or its equivalent in support of the date of birth.
- FIVE (2.5 x 3.0 cms) recent front-facing colour photographs (in white background).
- Certificates in support of Special Categories claimed in the Application Form. Leave Sanction / Relieving Order from the employer for the entire duration of the course, if employed.
- Name Removal Certificate from the rolls of the concerned Faculty / College / Unit (if already enrolled in any full-time course of study at AMU).
- FOUR Self-addressed envelopes bearing postage stamps worth Rs. 22.00 each (to be submitted in the Office of the Provost of Hall of Residence / NRSC allotted).
- Two Oath Commissioner’s Affidavit on plain paper – one on your behalf and the other on behalf of your parents / guardian regarding not to indulge in ragging.
- Latest Certificate of vaccination for Typhoid, Cholera and Hepatitis “B” –(applicable only for Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course).
Chance Memo Lists
Candidates who have the possibility of getting selected in case a vacancy arises after the admission procedure shall be offered a chance memo. The following points must be noted for candidates offered chance memo:
- Such candidates shall have to visit the venue of counselling on the given date and time as mentioned in the chance memo list.
- They shall have to carry the Form I available on the website www.amucontrollerexams.com along with the documents given above.
- Candidates with chance memo who have reported for the counselling at the appointed time and venue only shall be considered for allotment of seats in case a vacancy arises.
- Candidates who have not reported shall bear no right to claim the vacant seats.
- The allotment of seats shall be done strictly in the order of the chance memo number.
Please write to us in the comments section below regarding all your doubts and queries. Your feedbacks are valuable to us.