All India Bar Examination 12 (AIBE) is conducted by the Bar Council of India (BCI) to test the capability of an advocate to practice law as a profession in India. It is a minimum requirement for all those aspiring to practice law in India.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The candidates must hold a L.L.B Degree from a recognized institution and must get themselves enrolled with a State Bar Council in order to appear for AIBE 12 2019. The enrollment number shall be required while filling the application form.
The exam is an Open Book exam consisting of MCQs. On securing 40%, BCI shall award the candidate a “Certificate of Practice” which shall signify their eligibility to practice law in India.
How to Fill the Online Application Form for AIBE
The candidates must keep the following documents ready before proceeding to fill the application form online:
- Advocate ID card (if issued by State Bar Council)
- Enrollment Certificate
- Scanned photo & signature
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
After ensuring that you are eligible to appear for AIBE and the aforementioned documents are ready, follow the steps discussed below to complete the application procedure:
- Visit the official website and on the homepage, click on the button “Register Here”
- Fill in the following details in the registration form that shall appear on the screen:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address
- E-mail Id
- Mobile Number
On the registration form, you shall also have to upload the following documents in the prescribed size and format:
Self-Attested Enrollment Certificate
Self-Attested Photo Id
- Enter your personal details and Exam centre choices. You shall have to enter the following information:
- Candidate type (Fresh/repeat)
- Category (ST/SC/OBC/General)
- Are you disabled? (yes/no)
- In case of disability, do you need scribe? (Yes/No)
- In case of more than 80% disability, Do you need extra time? (Yes/No)
- Choice of Exam centres ( Three preferences)
- Choice of Question Paper (Assamese, Bengali, English, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu)On submission of all the information, the following message shall be displayed on the screen:
- Again Visit the homepage of www.allindiabarexamination.com and click on “Login Here” button.
- On the given space, enter your Registration Number & Password and Click on the Login button.
- Your registration details shall be displayed on the screen. Just below the details, you shall see a button “Print Challan”. Click on it and take a print out of the online generated challan.
- Visit any branch of SBI after 24 hours of registration and pay the application fee using the challan.The application fees shall be as follows:
Fee to be paid by participating Advocate Rs 3,500 + Rs 60 SBI Bank surcharge= Rs 3,560 SC/ST category Rs 2,500 + Rs 60= Rs 2,560
After making the payment, please retain the sealed and signed candidate’s copy of the challan.
- After 24 hours of payment, login to your AIBE account using your registration ID and Password. Your registration details shall be displayed. Just below it, you shall see the “Upload Challan and details” button. Click on it.
- Upload your challan and enter the journal number, branch code & date of challan from your challan copy. Click on submit button.
- Go back to your registration details page and click on the “Application form” button towards the end.
- Your application form with all your details shall be displayed on the screen. Check for errors and take a print out. In case of errors, immediately contact the helpline numbers:011-49225022/23 or 011-41533681 or send a query to the Email id: [email protected]
You are not required to send any hardcopy of the application form to any authority.
Please write to us in the comments section below. We shall be happy to help you with your doubts and queries.